Green Embossed Italy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I'm looking for some information on this bottle. Im not sure what the large pontil reads. It does say Made in Italy.

Pn35902.jpg

Attachments

• Pn35902.jpg
    Pn35902.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 75

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Interesting bottle LDG! Can you post some clearer pictures of the bottom?Hard to tell with the glare but looks like it might have an embossed bugle on it.Also a good shot of the lip would help us ballpark it's age.It appears to have a star and crescent moon embossed at the shoulder which is a Turkish ensign-strange!Look forward to some more pictures.'Til then..

KAT

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello, I thought I might throw in my 2 cents. Mostly anything that reads "made in Italy," is a reproduction.

David E

Reaction score
And my two cents, if it is an older bottle and says "Made in Italy it is after 1921"

Just "Italy" before 1921 by an act of congress. (don't think these is still enforced now)
Dave

bigkitty53

Reaction score
LDG,
Try using a piece of silly-putty on the bottom,it MAY be more legible than a pencil rubbing.The mold seams on the lip are definately ABM,so it dates anytime after about 1915.

Hope this helps,

KAT

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I used to own one of these in amber with the box. It had a pipe bowl with a rubber-like base that was inserted into the mouth and a long tube...believe it was "called"...The Sultan Turkish Water Pipe...
( I didn't use it either...LOL)
I sold it to a shop dealer and last time I was over there, the bottle had been sold/was gone, but the box was still there...odd.[&:]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday