Guaranteed Direct From Bees (Dump diggin with the Badger)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Great little 'go with' find Rick...Fred and I are going to try and dig somewhere tomorrow...[:D]

Good Luck.Joe. I might go out again but I think I'll end up sleeping in,its gonna rain.

VTdigger

Reaction score
That's a cool bottle, I love the ones with weird embossing like that.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

That's the bees knees! (sorry, had to say it)

Bee's knees' began to be used in early 20th century America. Initially, it was just a nonsense expression that denoted something that didn't have any meaningful existence - the kind of thing that a naive apprentice would be sent to the stores to ask for, like a 'sky-hook' or 'striped paint'. That meaning is apparent in a spoof report in the New Zealand newspaper The West Coast Times in August 1906, which listed the cargo carried by the SS Zealandia as 'a quantity of post holes, 3 bags of treacle and 7 cases of bees' knees'. The teasing wasn't restricted to the southern hemisphere. The US author Zane Grey's 1909 story, The Shortstop, has a city slicker teasing a yokel by questioning him about make-believe farm products

Just to clarify
s3.gif

swizzle

Reaction score
RE: A Digging Movie I slaped togather (Dump Digging) when I found the Honey bottle.

Freekin' nutz man. I'd never dig that close to a road. You guys are funny. Loved the video. Keep on diggin'. Swiz

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75