hand painted poison

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mag510

Reaction score
Found a painted glass grim reaper -w- poison across the front ,cork on stopper is this somethig rare? The guy is asking 300 ? IT'S BLACK & POISON IN YELLOW
Any info will help thanks.

mag510

Reaction score
come on i know somebody knows SOMETHING!!!!!!!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I really need a better description and picture. It sounds like your talking about a British pottery bottle (which I know of) or similar but I have know idea without more. I lost my mind reading ability in the 70's.[:D][:D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
come on i know somebody knows SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Hey Mike,

Maybe, maybe not. Are you signaling impatience with all those explanation points, or merely that this aforementioned "grim reaper" is tugging rather briskly on your purse strings? It's difficult to intuit without some coherent description or illustration. Have you considered using semaphore rather than excess punctuation? In these difficult times, I find it prudent to conserve my exclamation points as much as possible. I'll even resharpen their pointy parts if I've used too many.

I won't even go into the esteem issues one could invoke in people who use less points...

IT'S BLACK & POISON IN YELLOW

Are you sure? Colors can sometimes be tricky to capture adequately in capital letters.

Should it look like THIS ONE, I'd say 300 beans was too dear. Heck, I'd say three hundred was too darn much, sight unseen.

Does it have a full set of cups?
1_da044e5e62151edb6eeefd9e9f99cd93.jpg
Well, then I'd have to hedge my bets a bit, and say, "Definitely, maybe..."

You see what we're up against here, I hope. Never leave the house without your camera, or at least a competent artist...

reaper1.jpg

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Sounds like a Schafer Vater decanter, or one of the cheap knock offs. See if you can find an example on this page:

all the way to the right...

http://www.bergsengs.com/Schafer_Vater_Nippers.html

If the look is the same, but the colors are off, it may be a Japanese or Chines knock off. Only looking at the makers mark on the base will tell you...plus the knock offs lack the look of quality and detail the S.V. has.

mag510

Reaction score
THATS NOT IT EITHER IM GOING BACK TO THE FLEA MARKET ON SATURDAY I WILL TAKE A PICTURE OF IT .....I DIDN'TFORGET.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib