Has old traits, but not sure if really old? Thanks!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The thoughts added by the two Matt's also makes sense as the Clevengers did use this color at times. The base is looking more original to me though as Clevenger pontil marks were one of their Achilles heal as they were to perfect and round the majority of the time.. Unfortunately I have seen a ton of the Clevenger work as I am just 10 miles from ground zero where their factory was located. I respect them for continuing a dying entity ( early glass manufacture ). I just wish most of their work would have concentrated more on original to their factory then copying exact molds and items from the mid to late 1800s.When your greatest achievement ( the Clevenger Booz bottle ) is your bread and butter this is how the collecting world will remember you as. A duplicator of originals which can fool you out of large sums of money and then their work is no longer harmless.

screlichunter

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the input! That gives me some avenues. I know that it is hard to really tell without really holding the item. So thank again for your input on my photos.

I have a few other bottles in my collection:

A nice open pontiled and paper labeled essence of peppermint medicine bottle from Mass.

A few blob tops.

1 - pint SC Dispensary Monogram

2 - 1/2 pint SC Dispensary Monograms

1 - SC Dispensary Rum

1 - SC Dispensary Union Flask w/ Tree

1 - 1/2 SC Dispensary JoJo Flask w/ tree

A number of other bottles and light bulbs dug from an late 1800's dump site, including the first type Hoppes No. 9. It's not that rare but cool because I also collect old gun cleaning equipment.

It is pretty neat collecting these old bottles, so many cool designs.

Thanks again!
Jeff

screlichunter

Reaction score
Here's the Hoppe's No. 9

I found this in that late 1800's dump.

Pretty cool!

Thanks! Jeff

CE5C438F928D4564B478483DC973648E.jpg

Attachments

• CE5C438F928D4564B478483DC973648E.jpg
    CE5C438F928D4564B478483DC973648E.jpg