Hawaiian Bottles of Long Ago

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Have a copy of Hawaiian Bottles of Long Ago, 1971 edition...

Will trade for a copy of...
Hawaiian Bottles of Long Ago, 1988 edition.

Thanks,
Tracy

Us55117.jpg

Attachments

• Us55117.jpg
    Us55117.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 84
Reaction score
Hi Tracey, I have the book you need but I am not sure about the dose cups you are talking about, is there writing on them and if so what does it say, I probably have it.aloha

Chris
Hawaiibottledigger

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I bought the 1971 edition of Hawaiian Bottles of Long Ago hoping that the Hawaiian dose glass that I am looking for was pictured in it. When I received the book the dose glass was not in this version. Now, I have been told that the dose glass is pictured in the 1988 version of the book on page 194. It is a small glass cup, about the size of a shot glass and has embossed writing that says Hobron Drug Co., Honolulu, H.I. and has W.T. & Co. embossed on the bottom. I have heard there is also a similar embossed dose glass from Hollister and Co. I'd give an arm and a leg for either one of these glasses.

Will you look for it in the 1988 book? Do you need a 1971 version of the book? I'd gladly trade the 1971 for a 1988. Or how much do you want for the 1988 book?

Thanks again,
Tracy

Reaction score
Hi Tracey, I think it might take your arm and leg to get this dose cup, it is on the page you indicated but it is a very rare dose cup, it is also the only dose cup in the book, if there are others they are unknown and unlisted, Hollister has a drug bottle that looks almost like a dose cup but it held a ointment, if you want the new book, I will trade for the old one, you can email me at koawoodhawaii@msn.com , I have some oriental dose cups that were dug here in Hawaii, let me know if you have any questions, aloha.

Chris
Hawaiibottledigger[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen