Heartbreaker

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gromit0299

Reaction score
I found part of my first "old" bottle yesterday while taking a walk through the woods. We were along a creek (I really need to get a metal detector). My son had great fun finding old treasures along with a zillion "squirrel hats." I found a lot of bits and pieces here and there. Old pottery, parts of bottles, but no signs of anything further. It was really hard to tell anyway due to the recent hurricane Irene. The woods were very washed out from the recent flooding. Anyway I found what looks to be part of a flask. It's light purple I. Color and the seam is a raised ridge on the side. I tried to identify it against the bottle book, but I came up empty handed. So sad, this looks like a cool bottle. Who knows if it was washed away out of a dumping area from the flood. Once I can do more research on the area where we hiked, I want to go back. If there was one flask, there could be more! I'm going to upload pics in a bit. Can't upload from my phone. [:(]

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Here are the two pictures I have. Unfortunately they're not great quality. There's a ridge on the bottom that looks like it happened during the bottle making process. And the color is a very light amethyst.

E778D0742287499FB9D59D9624853C46.jpg

Attachments

• E778D0742287499FB9D59D9624853C46.jpg
    E778D0742287499FB9D59D9624853C46.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 31

lexdigger

Reaction score
It is a Warranted or Guaranteed Flask. The bad news is that they are very common. The good news is that where you find these, other cooler old bottles are not far. We dig these with a lot of nice druggists, meds, sodas and many others. If you can find the source, you may find some good whole bottles!

Gromit0299

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

It is a Warranted or Guaranteed Flask. The bad news is that they are very common. The good news is that where you find these, other cooler old bottles are not far. We dig these with a lot of nice druggists, meds, sodas and many others. If you can find the source, you may find some good whole bottles!

Thanks Lex. Common or not, like you said, there are others to be found. It's now just a matter of finding where it came from. It was definitely washed down from somewhere, since the woods are on a slope. And it was hard to see the ground to see if there was any sort of ground depression. I probably need to go back with a metal detector to see if there are any old dumps in there somewhere. We had a lot of fun exploring anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski