Hello All

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
Just found this site, I've been a creek walker for glass since I was a teen(now 40+) still walking creeks w/wy sons, want to get into some digging.. In the creeks, I have found medicine bottles, mason tops, staight neck coke bottles, cher cola etc,,
This web site looks like a great resourse.
will be looking at the tees for sale,

IRISH

Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the site alabasterbottle.
I get a lot of my bottles out of creeks, will probably start up again in the next few weeks as it's getting warmer again now.

cb0023

Reaction score
Hey all you creek diggers, how do you come about the bottles in the creeks? Are they mostly on the surface or covered by layers of dirt and sand? How far down do you usually have to go? Are most of the items downstream for where they were dumped? I have a creek that i have found some pontiled pieces in. I havent had a chance or permission to dig the creek(as it runs through the back of a few houses) but i am getting close and wanted to know where to start.

58froggy

Reaction score
The few creeks I've dug were in close proximety to a road. Just have to investigate areas to signs of dumping.

IRISH

Reaction score
Wherever people went near water in the old days they seemed to just have to piff there bottles in [;)] . I just find places the old timers congregated near a creek for some reason and start there, behind old houses is prime hunting.
The bottles I find range from on the surface to 4 or more feet under the mud.

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
I mainly just walk up stream a stretch of creek near my house, the creek is about a foot deep. I look for bottles that have surfaced after a hard rain, after the creek has settled down to a normal clear flow. Usually just find soda bottles 1900-1920's, will post some pictures when I get a chance, I need to take some shots of the bottles and reduce etc..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete