Help Identifying Northland Bottling Co.?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
Well, I tried again when I got home, and when I click on the link, I get EVERY bottle on EBay. Sorry I can't find this. Am puzzled. -Julie

argent1na

Reaction score
Thanks for checking Julie. Do you remember how much they were or had sold it for?

NorthlandFamily

Reaction score
Hi,
My Grandmother was Mary Hammes Mall, of Green Bay, WI, she and her brother Russell, inherited Northland Bottling Co from their parents. Their father Edward Hammes acquired the Co. during the depression by trading a summer home in Upper Michigan for it. It was the only asset that he had left, since he had been a bank director and had lost everything, for some reason the summer home was in his wife's name, an unusual practice in those days. He always said that although times were tough during the depression, people could usually scrape up a nickel for a bottle of "pop". ( a Wisconsin term ) Mary and Russ continued to run the company until they retired in the mid 1970's and sold out. The brands that were bottled were Nehi, Royal Crown Cola, Dad's Rootbeer and 50/50 sour. I have pictures of the interior of the plant if anyone is interested. They also ran a bottling plant in Marquette MI.

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Theresa, the more pictures you can post the better....Jim

bottlingco

Reaction score
I have a bottle called Northland that has a painted picture label of trees. However it is from the Northern Bottling Works in Cameron, Wisconsin. I don't know if this is related or not, but the bottle name is the same and the picture is similar. ~bottlingco

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem