Help in identifying approx. age

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pastorerik

Reaction score
This forum looks great. You guys are very helpful. I have two "Frostilla" bottles and was wondering the approximate age. They are very similar with slight differences between the two. the side of one says Fragrant Lotion and the other says Holmes' Fragrant. The opposite side on both bottles says Elmira, N.Y. U.S.A

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ki19722.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19722.jpg
    Ki19722.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 75

Bottleman

Reaction score
I looks like you bottle dates back to the late 1800s unless you follow the seams all the way up the lip then it dates to around 1910. For there vlaue, i would say around $5 maybe a bit less.

~~Tom

pastorerik

Reaction score
Excellent. So if it has a seam that goes all the way to the lip of the bottle (they both do) then it dates to 1910 or earlier?....That makes sense because in my old house I found tons of stuff that is around 1911 (newspapers, railroad posters, etc.)

What do bottles look like after 1910?

Thanks for your help

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi pastorerik, welcome to the forum.
Dating bottles by seams is only a rough guide, around the 1910's/WW1 the majority of glassworks started to use new modern gear to make bottles lips and all with no need to hand apply the lip, these bottles have the thru lip seam. You can get bottles up to the 1920's or later with the seam stopping at the lip.
I'd agree your bottle dates around 1890 to 1900.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75