HELP PLEASE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jodie

Reaction score
don't know about this site no one seems to reply anyway wan't to know about marnes high grade medicene pretty old with V on base, also has anyone heard of Jonathan reeves its a pickle bottle of some kind and last but not least a lamont with silverton john penrose with melbourne bottle co around bottom green

jodie

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I'm not up with all this internet stuff but will try to get picture in next 24 hours the jonathan reeves bottle is a light amythest with the agm monogram on the bottom. The Jonathan Reeves goes diagonally upwards with pty ltd underneath like I said no one has ever been able to give me any info on this particular bottle

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Hi Jodie,

Sounds like you are an aussie collector??

Dont know much about the Marnes but the jonathon reeves I believe is from Ballarat made pickles sauce etc not sure of value. The lamont is from Silverton just west of Broken Hill NSW if it has an amber top it is rare otherwise reasonably common, I have found several of them over the years.

John

jodie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply no one has ever been able to tell me a thing about the pickle jar. Pretty sure the top of the silverton was green like the rest of the bottle. And yes I collect aussie bottles but I only collect what we dig up and still haven't hit the age I'd like but getting better and closer every time. One thing I do know is its like an addiction the weather, leeches, snakes and hills I've tackled amaze me.

jodie

Reaction score
Marnes/v on bottom old clear bottle no photo Says Marnes high grade medicine can anyone out there help

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Jodie

What area are digging?? I suspect SW NSW if so I may be able to steer you in the right direction as I do a fair bit of diving in the Darling and Murray river and find quite a bit of old stuff from 1860's on

John

jodie

Reaction score
Way off base actually I'm digging in vic around Powelltown area. You know everyone says bottles are worth good money something I haven't found. Obviously I've dug graves that could contain several people. The area is only late 1800's early 1900's all the way through to the 1970's. I love digging the money doesn't matter would find it difficult to sell anything I like. Did find a settlement from the goldrush days but found it in summer and need a jackhammer with the drought conditions. I believe there's several acres at least of small camps around the claims just walking the track we dug up old shovel handle. I will soldier on and find my treasures even if they're not worth much

towhead

Reaction score
Welcome Jodie! Looks like the reaseon nobody answered your first posts is because they were added on to another. Or sometimes, nobody knows the answer we are looking for. Looks like you figured out how to start a new post though and you are in business now! Good Luck!

jodie

Reaction score
Thanks Julie but I'm so computer and bottle illiterate I have no idea what I've done and still have trouble accessing what I want. I appriecate the encouragement and look forward to becoming much more familiar with my computer.
Thanks lots jodie

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR