help wanted for wedding theme...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pootle

Reaction score
Hi, I've stumbled across your forum and thought it might prove to be a great help to find what I'm after.

My fiancee and I are having a Romeo and Juliet themed wedding later this year, and instead of name-cards on the tables at the reception we were thinking of having small vials of "poison" each with a string and tag on them, bearing the name of the person to sit at that place setting.

The question is, where do I find small old bottles just a few inches tall, or at least replicas of them? They must be cheap, so not genuine collectable glassware, just something which *looks* authentic.

So far I don't know where to begin to start looking, or any technical names for things I'm looking for! Any ideas would be appreciated.

many thanks....
Paul

pootle

Reaction score
thanks for the links, but i think they're a bit too modern- and clinical-looking.

the wedding is being held in a manor house built in the year 1425, and after looking online a little longer this is more the type of thing i'm looking for. alas, this US supplier (unfortunately like so many others) seems not to acknowledge that there is anywhere outside the US in terms of shipping (we're in the UK).

international payment (by mastercard or visa) and shipping (via fed ex or the postal service) is no problem these days and i regularly shop online from america (indeed, my iPod arrived from Wisconsin within 4 days), so i don't see why more places don't offer it.

oh well.. I'll keep looking!

cheers,
Paul

pootle

Reaction score
thanks! that's more the period, although the bottles should be about 1-2 inches high and less than a dollar each, ideally.

thanks again! [:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter