Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Help with Happy Home Blood Purifier & Health Tonic

stephengray

Sep 23, 2009
Oklahoma (live in Wyoming though)
Can anybody help with this one? I have never seen it bofore. It is embossed Happy Home Blood Purifier and Health Tonic on one side panel and the other is Emmert Laboratories Chicago (this panel is from memory and I am sure it is not right, except Emmert and Chicago are). It is about 9.5" tall and in good shape with a little dirt still on it. For all I know it may be common as I do not deal with medicines too much. Thanks for any info. Stephen

Attachments

Digswithstick

Mar 6, 2008
north west pa
I have not seen that one either and only found this - Emmert / Proprietary Co. Chicago ILL. /Uncle Sams / Nerve and Bone /Liniment /- Maybe a rare one and unlisted ? Will wait to see what the med experts know about it .

markh

Aug 1, 2009
I've never seen one of these before either. Cool name! Bill Lindsey has it listed #117 in his list of Tonics. He may be able tell you more about it.

http://www.historicbottles.com/toniclist.htm

Mark

SisterMaggie

Apr 29, 2019
My great-great-grandfather, John Shut Emmert, was the owner of Emmert Proprietary Company in Chicago. He distributed numerous patent medicines, including [FONT=&amp]Uncle Sam's Nerve &Bone Liniment Embrocation for Man & Beast, The Most Efficient Rubefacient Yet Discovered
and [FONT=&amp]Dr. Jaques German Worm Cakes and Dr. Winchell's Teething Syrup for Children.
Mr. Emmert lived at 839 West Monroe Street in Chicago, Illinois, in 1888. I've never seen his products, only a few of his advertising cards.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah lijoe