Help with ID

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mcs

Reaction score
I have recently been given some bottles to sell for a friend. Many of them I have been able to research and find value on. There are two that I find interesting that I can not find any info on. One is a Ginger Ale bottle, blob top, with embossed lettering - Cuddy and Mullen Albany NY. It is approx. 8" tall. The other one is embossed A.S. Miles, Balto with an eagle in the center. Does anyone know if these are worth listing on Ebay? They have come out of the Chesapeake bay so are not in great condition.

Rp43959.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43959.jpg
    Rp43959.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 81

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello Greta --- Welcome to Antique-Bottles.net
The "Baltimore Bottle Book" on page 140 lists a couple variations of your second bottle like this:

54. A.S. MILES BALTO. around eagle carrying TRADE MARK banner - Custom mold. Bases date 1883, 1884, 1886, 1888....................COMMON

55. A.S. MILES BALTO. around eagle carrying TRADE MARK banner - Round plate. ..............................................................................UNCOMMON
Same but KRAM EDART (sic) upside down in banner. (Note: Trademark is backwards.).........................................................................................RARE

RARE = 5-10 examples UNCOMMON= 10-25 examples COMMON=25+ examples

The listing is from their "Blob -Top Sodas" section.

mcs

Reaction score
Hello 'Meech',

Thank you for the info. I'm not lucky enough to have the rare one. The only thing I did wonder about was the dates you posted for the common one. You do not list the year 1885. The bottom of this bottle is marked MILES with an 8 above and 5 below. I assumed that was the year. As you can probably tell I know nothing about bottles but I am guessing this one just needs to go with the others in a box lot to auction. BTW I notice you are from Central Virginia.......Howdy neighbor[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR