Help with privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hed11877

Reaction score
tommyshouseml4.jpg

The house I circled just burnt pretty much to the ground except for the stone shell a few weeks ago. what are the chances of a privy and where should I search?

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
It appears that the house to the left of the burned one is close enough to have had a shared privy between the two. You might consider measuring the midline and back to at least 90'. Probe both sides of the line at 2-3' and at 3' intervals until you hit the back of the foundation. The privies are probably more like 25-40' to the rear of the building, but you have to cover all possibilities.

If that doen't pan out you'll have to determine the other property line and work the outside edges, again just inside the line. Basically, you will pretty much have to probe the entire rear of the property anyway, but it's always easiest to begin at the midline between the two properties. I hope this helps and hasn't added to the confusion. Best of luck in finding the outhouses.

Digger George

Reaction score
Hey I live 5 mins from Tullytown, PA. I'll help you locate and dig the privy. Theres probably more than 1 on the property.

hed11877

Reaction score
hey george, I got your email. I have a bunch of prospective spots for privy digging, I have a buddys houst thats from the 1700's!!!! Problem is I never dug a privy. Need a digging buddy? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday