Hey Y'all!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amblypygi

Reaction score
Long time no speakie! I've been lurking occasionally but I've been mondo busy this summer and so it's been rare. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and show a couple of keepers I found today. I was working in a river where there has never been a diver apparently, the bottom was littered with old bottles. I didn't have a collecting bag with me so I left all of the unembossed and common ones, but I kept a few. One, a flint-glass, pontiled E. Byam's Liquid Opodeldoc looks from Matt's book to be worth about 200, which is cool. The other one that's common but the first one I've ever found is an amber Carter's master ink with a crooked applied top. I think that's worth all of 10 bucks if my intuition serves me, but it was still exciting to find. There is still definitely more there, but I was out of air and freezing my cojones so I think I'll go back with a drysuit next week.

Anyway, hope all is well on the forum!

Sean

77BFB22F7ED84F05BB891DB0091D85A9.jpg

Attachments

• 77BFB22F7ED84F05BB891DB0091D85A9.jpg
    77BFB22F7ED84F05BB891DB0091D85A9.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 37

amblypygi

Reaction score
We went back today, and damned if I didn't suck up everything good on the first dive! I felt guilty because my friend came out there and gave up his only day off based on my treasure-strewn description of this place, and there was nothing but heartbreaker shards and intact 1890s junk. The bank is very tempting (the dump runs all the way up the slope to the backs of three very old houses), but it would be totally illegal to dig it and it's not very secluded when you're out of the water. Oh well!

Sean

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks