HF&B Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SoMdRelicHunter

Reaction score
Been lurking here a long time and finally found some stuff to post. I'm a relic hunter at heart and last year I went to an organized relic hunt and watched them dig out sooooo many bottles that it got me hooked on diggin for bottles. However I've never found anything real good till now. My cousin hunts an early war union camp here in Southern Maryland and has graciously invited me a couple times in the last year to go diggin with him. The first time we went I got into a Trash pit. The pit yielded no whole bottles however it did have a "cryer"... A broken Pikes Peak flask... Well needless to say after that we decided to focus on getting us some good bottles. So thats exactly what we did on friday. A buddy, armed with a Big ol' hoop on his metal detector located this pit for us all to dig and my cousin and I found our first bottles! I found the whiskey and he found the bitters? whiskey? bottle. He also found another whiskey like mine. Was wondering if anyone has any info on this bottle? Rare? Anything about the makers? I can't even figure out what the initials stand for as far as that goes... I did find an old post on this forum from a guy who dug the same (but broken) bottle... 99.9% certain from the same place no less as I've met the gentleman and know he used to dig there. Heres a link to the old post: Mystery Bottle
I've seen those "melon" ones with the same mark but not one of these... Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Also, forgot to mention that several cryers came out of this pit too... G.W. flask....blue squat from philly... among others...
Anyway, thanks so much for any input!!
Forgot to mention, This forum and the people here are simply amazing! There is a wealth of knowledge here and I've learned so much already! I look forward to participating here!
-JP
Here's his bottle:
ps. Can't figure out how to embed this pic so it shows....

B37ACC54ECEC48FD9C64D907788E80FA.jpg

Attachments

• B37ACC54ECEC48FD9C64D907788E80FA.jpg
    B37ACC54ECEC48FD9C64D907788E80FA.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 61

rockbot

Reaction score
Welcome aboard John.
Got some good age to them bottles. Get them cleaned up and give us some close-ups.

Aloha, Rocky

blade

Reaction score
What color is the HF&B whiskey bottle ? Here's a picture of a beautiful one on Jeff and Holly Noordsy's Website.
Item5349.jpg

SoMdRelicHunter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Welcome to the forum John,...looks like you guys dug some really nice bottles! was there more? It's addicting, to say the least.[:D]

Thanks Joe! There wasn't any more whole bottles... yet. I'm not so sure we finished it. We only dug it for a few hours before we had to fill 'er in. We did get about 7 or 8 bullets and an eagle cuff button and a neat little suspender buckle. Its REAL big for a trash pit so we are hoping it's "the" or at least a latrine. Could just be one part of a hut. I've read that here they didn't do normal huts but something like 20 foot long dug in cabins. There was a broken G.W. flask.... that was a bummer. And a big old broken food jar that I thought was neat... Thanks for the welcome!!

SoMdRelicHunter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

Welcome aboard John.
Got some good age to them bottles. Get them cleaned up and give us some close-ups.

Aloha, Rocky

Thanks Rocky! Will do! I'll have to make a trip to my cousins house to take some good pics of his.

SoMdRelicHunter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blade

What color is the HF&B whiskey bottle ? Here's a picture of a beautiful one on  Jeff and Holly Noordsy's Website.
Item5349.jpg

Awesome Blade! That's a real purty one. His is a little darker than the one shown... And less whittled for that matter. I would say his is more of a dark puce or amber... I'll have to go to his house and get some good pics of it. I had no idea that it was that rare!! Maybe there is one for me over there! lol. Do you think they know the history of those bottlers? I'd love to learn about them. Thanks Blade!!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blade

What color is the HF&B whiskey bottle ? Here's a picture of a beautiful one on  Jeff and Holly Noordsy's Website.
Item5349.jpg

I always wished they would have the sale price on the sold bottles, it would be a great reference to everyone in the bottle world......Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1