Historical flasks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle man

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I am looking for a nice high end historical flask to purchase. Looking for odd colors and moulds. Must be mint condition but will pay over top dollar if mint and rare. Also looking for rare figural bitters and odd early New England utilities.
Please let me know if you have any of these for sale.
Thanks
Kevin

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Kevin, I admire your goal. I have played with, collected, made mods for, and sold metal castings to the worlds glass making industry. After retirement I got into studying the history of early man made glass and hoe they made it when they did it on the end of a blow pipe. I only have three or four Historical Flasks - because they are expensive, hard to find - where upi can be sure they are not reproductions. That last reality is enough to require a lot of learning. Even the damn museums have repro's made to get profit for their status and growth.I have two very old antique wooden boats , and museums expect one to give them to their cause. Without consideration for the fact that you bought them to enjoy and yet make a profit on your investment. I have collected a lot of things in my life - at one time I had eleven MG automobiles, dozens o f old out-board motors, antique toy banks, and antique toys. etc etc. At this point in time I am 86 and my daughter will have the job of selling somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 examples of early hand blown glass

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I don't kno what happened, but this thread got wiped out on my computer before I got it sent. When I got it back - I sent it; These computers are not always cooperating right. RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski