How do I clean this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldmill

Reaction score
This bottle held small candy in it and was a cool container that was sure to actract a young boys attention in the candy store I've seen them sell between 20 and 30 dollars very cool I have one just like it. I also had a damaged aiplane one too. nice find

glass man

Reaction score
You can break it..clean the inside out real good then glue it back together..you can do that..but I wouldn't... get some bbs[as in a bb gun] put them in with some sand as suggested and shake shake shake it....looks like it is broken at the point of the gun...so no big money item anyway..uric acid urine may work..just let it sit a good while and drink a good deal of lemon juice and tequila..before you fill it with the liquid......let it set for a week and then try the soap..water..and bottle brush out again..keep trying this till very very clean.JAMIE

soda bottle

Reaction score
I would not use bbs as they are only copper coated and will break the glass after repeated use. Also sand can be bad also if you get a couple of little rocks in there it could damage it also. I think ideally you want to use a 14 or 12 gauge wire cut up in little pellets and use it with water and shake.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Two classic cleaning threads on here. Both are excellent.

Mine - Basic bottle cleaning -
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Basic-bottle-cleaning/m-215713/tm.htm

Charlie's - The chuckles method -
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/the-CHUCKLES-CLEANING-METHOD%E2%84%A2/m-231686/tm.htm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229