how much do case gin bottles go for?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amywalker2007

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting. We have 4 large gine case bottles we want to sell? where is a good place to sell and how much are they going for. These bottles are from the 1800's. Thanks. By the way, this is a great website and we have learned quit a bit[:)]
Amy

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Amy, Case Gins are a beautiful bottle and some command a pretty nice price. The upper end Case Gins are your older variety with an applied seal around the shoulder area, pontil scar on the base, and a "pig snout" lip. Your later 1800's with a sloping collar style lip, smooth base, and no embossment are $10.00-$20.00 bottles. If you can post a picture, it would help us all to identify yours. Hope this helps, Kelley

PS. Welcome to the forum!

amywalker2007

Reaction score
I cant get a pic on here says file to large, im going to list one of the bottles on Ebay then I will put the link here. Thanks for info kelley. Amy

carling

Reaction score
Ebay hint: You shouldn't have mentioned you have three more bottles in your ebay listing. You probably now won't get as much. If I have multiples of the same item, I list one every year or two.

amywalker2007

Reaction score
i took the other 3 out. Thanks, anything else i should put in there, are the pics good. im going to put one more pic on.

epgorge

Reaction score
It is a nice looking bottle and nice sky back drop. You may wish to provide a picture of the bottom. A clear picture. The bottom is what will tell the age of the bottle. A close up of the lip and any other significant marks or idiosyncrasies the bottle may have.

this will let the buyer examine the bottle closely and knowindg you are being totally upfront with the buyer.
Ep

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc