I come from the land down under,30 feet and full of blunder,the ladder fell it made me nervous-----

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

so I took a bite of my liverwurst sandwich.

Sorry that song was in my head all day![8D]

We did a little digging this weekend.A 30 foot brick liner and a oval bricker thats not done yet.Here is a picture of the 30 footer.
When we went to drop the ladder in, it came apart,the bottom half dropped to the bottom of the hole,a little hairy I must admit.We had to put a steel beaker bar a shovel and a rake through the second rung and climb down that part of the ladder,then hop on the other section that fell,and go down.Do not try this at home kids[8D]
Any way it turned out the only thing on the bottom of that huge pit was a doll head,how weird is that? It was all clay no layer of crap.
Then I probed out another bricker, that is still in the works,It turned out to be an oval brick liner.We thought it was square,but that was just where the out house sat.We didn't get anything old yet,its getting a little older,milk bottle era in the cap up top then TOC as we went down,then a few clear blobs,then------we stopped cuz I was beat [8D]
That pit probes 14 feet,we are hopping the bottom is at least 80s the year of the house.Gotta keep probing and digging! Because one day I wont be able to.[:)]

In the 30 footer,we dug down about 5 feet and hit a huge piece of Victorian slate,then we whacked it with a sledge hammer,it opened up to a black hole!
What did you think we dug 30 feet in one day??? hahah Im not that insane [8D]
"see where the ladder came apart" again some cool pix, & a doll head lol

7BCF32F399D74001B5C7B489A26338DA.jpg
That's some scary Chit[8|]-------glad it worked out[8D]---watch them Cats---their up to No Good----that was their idol you found[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Rick...... you are due my friend. You have dug way too long and hard for a milk and a Cobalt soda. I'm sure pay dirt is in the VERY NEXT HOLE you open up. Errrr....ahhhh.. the next one, or absolutely the one after that. Yeah.... or maybe the one immediately following the one after that. But it's, it's in the near future I'm sure. Good luck...... Ask the all knowing cat!........ Puss will never steer you wrong. [8|][8|][8|] I'm sure of it.

swizzle

Reaction score
Why didn't you fish the ladder out with a rope and hook? Seems like a lot safer way to do it. We like your stories and would like to keep you from doing too many crazy stunts. At least send BADGER next time. He doesn't post much. [:D][:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Gunsmoke47

Rick...... you are due my friend. You have dug way too long and hard for a milk and a Cobalt soda. I'm sure pay dirt is in the VERY NEXT HOLE you open up. Errrr....ahhhh.. the next one, or absolutely the one after that. Yeah.... or maybe the one immediately following the one after that. But it's, it's in the near future I'm sure. Good luck...... Ask the all knowing cat!........ Puss will never steer you wrong. [8|][8|][8|] I'm sure of it.

Yeah Kelly I'm not worried about it,we dug some crazy azz loaded holes in our time,good bottles,puce flask etc [:D] so we pay a little dues, that's what its all about.
I like the "act" of digging privy's in general .the bottles are good too,but "you get what you get" like you said the odds have to rotate in your favor sooner or later.I am going to help them along,by getting out of this town we are digging in.[8D] One more pit in this town.(blacktop pit)
Maybe those cats are the bad luck? I hope not I like cats[:)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: swizzle

Why didn't you fish the ladder out with a rope and hook? Seems like a lot safer way to do it. We like your stories and would like to keep you from doing too many crazy stunts. At least send BADGER next time. He doesn't post much. [:D][:D]

we did use a rope but we had to climb to the bottom first.The rope was used when we were done,to pull that section up,you had to be there swizz,trust me,we know what we are doing,im still alive right??? [:D]

Plus we like danger [:-]

swizzle

Reaction score
I still say send BaDgErMaN next time. You know just to be safe. [:D][:D][:D]

David Fertig

Reaction score
Hey Rick - keep me in mind for any milks from central PA. Harrisburg, Carlisle, York, Shippensburg areas. I bought a good Columbia, PA milk over at the Lambertville flea mkt once. They did travel some.

Thanks,
Dave

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Ya know whats weird,I gave that cat a piece of my liverwurst,he wouldn't eat it,see it right in front of him.A cat that looks like he been through the cat war,hungry and tired,and he turned down my liverwurst lol gave me a complex man

Rick,...I personally love liverwurst, but maybe that cat knows something that we don't? [:D] It makes me think of when I was young, and the family would go somewhere in the car, well my dad, He had a knack for the WORST eateries...One time he brought our boxer dog that was waiting in the car (different times) a hot dog, the dog sniffed at the hot dog, rolled the dog out of the bun, and ate the bun! LoL...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem