I have maps but need more....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Ok i have everytype of map for my area from today all the way back to the 1600's...
I even have the Sanborn maps,Historical maps,Beers Maps,and so on...

But since my city was built in the 1600's and was a thriving bom-town "as quoted by a friend,i dig the quote for a NE US city for once"..Im lookin for the orig city dump...

I know some of you guys/Gals know wherei can get info other than the Libary which has zilch,and our historical society is a shim-sham "have to live here to know-long story",and they wouldnt tell any tpe of info even if you asked a thousand times....

So if the town clerk/city cleark dont have these old maps "ours dont even know his A$$ from his Foot",and will not do his civic duty as a city offical "loking up a tax map or deed" where should i turn to?........
SWIZZLE- this pertains to you also,Also to "Brian-upstate" if still around, and not in FLA in the sun when were freezin up here in the snow.....we need this info bad!

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
hey lite, check with the historical society, if they don't have it it was never recorded, ask alot of the old timers, find out where they go for coffee on Saturday morning and go in and talk, but sit there and talk for 2 hours or more, they will love it and you will have lots of info to sift thru, they will even tell you who will know if they don't good luck

ronvae

Reaction score
Try one of these:
www.nysparks.com/sites/

and

www.nysparks.com/shpo/resources/index.htm

The second one, there is a searchable program, GIS, so you search by town, and it pulls up all sites of historical/archeological interest, and the "buffer zone" of no-touchie around it. I doubt that it will actually say "TOWN DUMP", but if it shows where all the good stuff was, just think about where would be convenient to dump stuff, if all people had was elbow grease & horse-wagons. Can't be too hard to pinpoint a likely spot for the dump.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
historical society - Plain out jerks!!!,they care more about thier family's historys and buildings "some familys like mine have been around here since 1700 and before",The Schemerhorns Bradts and so on,...if you know about the American Rev,then i dont have to tell ya about Schemerhorns ride or Yates.....,But those buildings are the ones saved and since the Seriously rich history we have in just this one county "Schenectady - Nisky,Duansburg,Princetown" and the locl historical people just wont have it,They will either say they dont have records of maps or info or are plain snobs!///i have tried many times to get maps that pre-date 1854 for my area "besides what i can find with Mr.Sid or Arcviewer,and the lib of congress map archive which have alot fo maps that do not have the info",i have tons of local books,new ones,old ones,even some old 1800's bank ledgers,,,and nodda/zilch!!!!......
it could be because the area im in,but cant go into that......its a leading research place where things are made to keep a stalemate in check......___nukz subz enginez.......i could be making this up....,lol,.......no..just being carful...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960