I missed the earthquake today...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Picklejar

Reaction score
Some how I managed to miss the trembling of the earth today. Only happens at that magnitude round here every 40 to 50 years, so that was my chance. Now everybody has a "what were you doing during the earthquake" story. I was driving or something. Big deal. --Joe

RonJonbold

Reaction score
Living in California, I have slept through, dozed through, been distracted during, made love in the middle of, and otherwise cruised on my oblivious way through more earthquakes than I have any idea. Unless you happened to be close to the epicenter, it's likely you wouldn't even notice a quake of that magnitude, so don't feel bad about it.

kwalker

Reaction score
You're not the only one...was enroute to Atlantic City and got a message "did you feel that....?" from a friend. Sure enough, I didn't.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I was on the metro in DC at the time, and thought it was just a shaky stretch of track like we have in New York... Imagine my surprise when I found out an hour later that there was an earthquake!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It was a surreal albeit fleeting experience.. east coast quakes don't , or shouldn't cause lifestyle changes, but sure enough, I found myself slightly altered today. Just like how you are speeding along down the highway and you see a cop, you slow down for a moment, but pretty soon you're back to breakin' the law again.. well i set up my extension ladder in the foyer of this McMansion I'm painting, and before I went up, I remembered the quake I didn't feel yesterday.. I gnawed at a couple paint covered finger nails as I mulled over the possibility of the BIG ONE hitting just when I was up top, tried to justify the possibility of it, and after a moment, I said to myself: "what a glorious way to end my career!" and got back to work.. thinking is such a waste of time, I tells ya.. [8|]

JohnN

Reaction score
I was sitting on my couch, using the computer, and everything started shaking. I thought I was going crazy, but everyone else also felt it. I knew I wasn't crazy when I saw the lampshade shaking. Definitely a unique experience.

-John

Picklejar

Reaction score
I suppose I should be thankful that we east coasters don't really have to stress about earthquakes in the first place.[:D] ---joe

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

It was a surreal albeit fleeting experience.. east coast quakes don't , or shouldn't cause lifestyle changes, but sure enough, I found myself slightly altered today. Just like how you are speeding along down the highway and you see a cop, you slow down for a moment, but pretty soon you're back to breakin' the law again.. well i set up my extension ladder in the foyer of this McMansion I'm painting, and before I went up, I remembered the quake I didn't feel yesterday.. I gnawed at a couple paint covered finger nails as I mulled over the possibility of the BIG ONE hitting just when I was up top, tried to justify the possibility of it, and after a moment, I said to myself: "what a glorious way to end my career!" and got back to work.. thinking is such a waste of time, I tells ya.. [8|]

[:D][:D][:D] When I was painting and climbing up ladders outside any way..I was way more scared of wasps,yellow jackets etc. Had to get stung a few times way up and grit my teeth till I could get down!

Yes being up on a ladder and if a earth quake came it would be "UNSETTLING"![8|][:-] [&:]

So glad that scroll flask made it!!I guess you have already notice it leans a little cause of it's crudeness...I lean a little too..JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1