I NEED SOME HELP ON A RED GLASS BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Would a post 1900 era bottle have the layed on seperate ring. I know on reg wines etc that I dig the older ones have the so called layed on ring the newer 1890's-1910 era are more uniform and blown in mold not seperate applied. I can clearly see where the ring was put together . It may be later as it's not US and I am not familiar with dating blown German bottles. dm

epackage

Reaction score
Would love to see a pic with the sun behind it because I'm not seeing Ruby Red in the first pic, it looks very amber in that first pic, hopefully it's sunny by you tomorrow D-McD so we can see the red....Jim

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
It's red I don't see any hint of amber but it's so dark it's hard to get it to come out in the pics correctly. I will try tomorow to shot a better pic. dm

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Love that Baltimore medicine! It's probably my favorite 12-sided bottle. Yours has a great history, too.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8|] I believe that the German bottle manufacturers were behind us by quite a few years in using the most developed methods of manufacture, I have found bottles as late as 1920's to have applied and laid on ring tops......hope this helps.Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday