I think it's a soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

twiztidtink

Reaction score
hi, im new to this whole bottle thing. well anyways, i have two bottles right now and I need some info and would also like to know what they are worth, if anything. One is aqua green blob top. It contains a few tear shaped bubbles of differant sizes and seems like it is BIM. Seams go just on the sides and stop at the shoulder and at the bottom. May be a Hutchinson stopper. Not sure because there is not on on the bottle but a piece of one inside. Embossed "Star Bottling Works St. Paul Minn." in an oval shape on front and on the bottom there is an embossed star. Along the bottom seam it is also embossed "This Bottle Is Never Sold". There are a couple of chips on the top and a couple on the bottom. Otherwise, in good condition. If someone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Us54922.jpg

Attachments

• Us54922.jpg
    Us54922.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58

sodabottle

Reaction score
hello and welcome to the forum any ways you are correct about it being a hutchinson bottle I think that your find is just awsome because i live in Minn. I have a few from my part of the woods. but any ways it is not a soda but a mineral water bottle
What is the other bottle that you have?
I only have one hutchinson bottle and i think that it came from N. Dakota or S Dakota
Well hope i helped you and again welcome to the forum

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
it is a hutch soda bottle. good find. you should contact this guy to see if there is a listing for it.
http://seattlehistorycompany.com/
from what i hear the saying soda pop came from this bottle, because when they pushed the top down it made a popping sound.

rick kern
if you need any thing tumbled check out my site

Miles

Reaction score
You have a hutch soda indeed. Hutch sodas were very popular during the 1880's, and 1890's. I would put your soda at the 1890's year, because of the embossing. Most sodas embossed like that with the text in a circle comes from the 1890's.

twiztidtink

Reaction score
Thanks for your info. The other bottle is clear crown top. It has a few tiny bubbles and the seams go all the way up to the lip. There is no stopper. Embossed is "Eureka Bottling Works Eureka Utah" and on the bottom is an embossed "E" Along the bottom seam it is embossed "net contents 6 1/2 fluid oz" There are no chips or cracks. Seems to be in great condition. It's a nice bottle.

Fc90227.jpg

Attachments

• Fc90227.jpg
    Fc90227.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 55

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday