IN SEARCH OF / NON-ABM / FANCY-IMAGE / CROWN SODA BOTTLES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
More innovations of the early 1900s ...

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/timeline/the1900s.htm

I especially like Einstein's theory of relativity in 1905. But unfortunately I can't think of any logical manner to tie that in to early deco soda bottles. (LOL) [:D]

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I did a quick search regarding the most innovative ideas/inventions of the early 1900s and by a landslide Henry Ford's 1903 Model A and his 1908 Model T were among the most heralded of the new century.

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventors/ford.htm

1903 Ford Motor Company is officially incorporated. Model A appears on the market in Detroit.

1908 Ford begins manufacturing the famous Model T.

~ * ~

I also found this which I thought was interesting ...

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventors/ford.htm

"It is not, as sometimes suggested, the striking out of new ideas which is of the greatest importance in the history of science, but rather the accumulation of observations and experiments, the reasoning's based upon these, and the writings in which facts and reasoning's are presented to the world—by which a merely suggestive hypothesis becomes a vivifying theory—that really count in making history."

~ * ~

The trickiest part of my research, which I plan to look into next, involves focusing in on a broader range of "Ideas" as to what made people tick in the early 1900s and possibly even find more information related to what seems like an overnight transition from the old to the new around 1905 to 1910. It's possible I will find some answers related to Expositions / World's Fairs because that seems to be where new ideas and innovations were often first introduced to the world.

I'll be back.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Last but not least for the day ...

A reoccurring focal point in my research regarding a possible start date (or at least what might have influenced it) of the so called deco era of soda bottles seems to center around ...

CIRCA 1905

With the word "Circa" (circle / around) referring to ideas/inventions/events/etc. from about 1900 to about 1910

The link opens to 1905 but can be changed to either earlier or later years ...

http://www.historyorb.com/events/date/1905

There might be clues here

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

I just realized I posted the wrong link where I copy/pasted ...

"It is not, as sometimes suggested, the striking out of new ideas which is of the greatest importance in the history of science, but rather the accumulation of observations and experiments, the reasoning's based upon these, and the writings in which facts and reasoning's are presented to the world—by which a merely suggestive hypothesis becomes a vivifying theory—that really count in making history."

Here's the correct link:

http://darwin-online.org.uk/converted/Ancillary/1910_Judd_Comingofevolution_A34.html

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Times were definitely changing and the U.S. was the new leader/innovator and everyone else was just following what we did. Everyone was thinking "new" and "different" in the industrial segment.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

Last but not least for the day ...

A reoccurring focal point in my research regarding a possible start date (or at least what might have influenced it) of the so called deco era of soda bottles seems to center around ...

CIRCA 1905

With the word "Circa" (circle / around) referring to ideas/inventions/events/etc. from about 1900 to about 1910

The link opens to 1905 but can be changed to either earlier or later years ...

http://www.historyorb.com/events/date/1905

There might be clues here

Bob

I just got to say it.

1905? Was the peroid of Art Nouveau..........................Art Deco would not make an apperance for another 20 years or so.

Picasso's work that you have shown is Cubism, which really has nothing to do with the Art Deco movement, which would still be years away.

And..........................the Chrysler buildings style is the result of the Art Deco movement, not the originator of the style.

Facts, I love em'. Like the late D.P. Moynihan said "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Now please continue on your tangent.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

... a possible start date (or at least what might have influenced it)

CIRCA 1905

Transitions require time - They have a beginning - a middle - and an end! Based on my observations, the transition from straight-sided soda bottles to more elaborate soda bottles began around 1905, gained momentum in the teens, and peaked in the 1920s. I am merely attempting to explore this transition and try and discover what influenced it. I am not claiming the true deco period was in 1905, only that it's grassroots sprouted about that time.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

As far as pre-abm deco bottles gay-ola adopted a bottle design patented in 1914 in many cities. Bludwine used a hobble skirt bottle across the US as early as 1906 but that bottle was not design patented until 1918. One of the most elaborate deco sodas I have ever seen is the Kola-Mint with raised and sunken panels, horizontal rings, and the script trade mark embossed on high relief mint leaves. Every one is hand finished.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Question. Was there ever an Eskimo, even on the base of an early Cliquot Club?
I think the Pluto water had him during BIM but again, not really soda.

celerycola

Reaction score
Show us a picture of your 1905 example bottle and explain how you dated it "1905".

... a possible start date (or at least what might have influenced it)

CIRCA 1905

Transitions require time - They have a beginning - a middle - and an end! Based on my observations, the transition from straight-sided soda bottles to more elaborate soda bottles began around 1905, gained momentum in the teens, and peaked in the 1920s. I am merely attempting to explore this transition and try and discover what influenced it. I am not claiming the true deco period was in 1905, only that it's grassroots sprouted about that time.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR