indian artifact

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
That's a fantastic find Madman, were you digging in a dump?

If so, then finding both on the same day leads me to believe that someone's artifact collection got thrown away. The axe was easy to spot, sure, but there may have been other points in the area that you overlooked. Do you have a sifter to go back there with? Might be worth it. [:)]

ORIGINAL: Poison_Us

TO THE GARAGE!

[:D]

madman

Reaction score
i was digging a series of privies while digging a test hole this popped out as far as going back to this site its not gonna happen got SHUT DOWN LOL

sandchip

Reaction score
I've collected Indian artifacts for 25 years and never found a grooved axe, much less a full grooved axe, the oldest and rarest of your utilitarian axes. You did great!

harold

Reaction score
Sounds silly, but I have found several in old stone walls in Conn. The old timers didn't collect relics. But did use the axes for filling in stone walls.

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: harold

Sounds silly, but I have found several in old stone walls in Conn. The old timers didn't collect relics. But did use the axes for filling in stone walls.

That's wild, you lucky dog!

lexdigger

Reaction score
This is a great find for a first find Mike. You don't know how many artifact hunters have searched for Years and have never found a complete full grooved axe. They just don't show up that often and are usually only ever found on specific types of sites. Even more rare down in Kentucky and Tenn since the rock it's made of is a Glacial material from up North.
I've been a Hardcore arrowhead hunter for close to 20 years and have only found Four out of Thousands of rocks. It's definitely one to be Proud of!

madman

Reaction score
wow thanks lex! ive been searching the creeks so far nothing, but im not giving up i will search every creek and field i can till i find the goods lol! ill keep ya all posted and thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday