Insulator mount?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trailrunner1974

Reaction score
Picked this up at a flea market today. I have a few of the wooden post but never seen a metal mount like this one before. It had the three Hemingray 42's on it when I bought it. Any info and value you may know on this mount would be great! Thanks in advance!

Micah

BD3534D043ED448E9CFF997078B828E9.jpg

Attachments

• BD3534D043ED448E9CFF997078B828E9.jpg
    BD3534D043ED448E9CFF997078B828E9.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 91

botlguy

Reaction score
I suspect that the "threads" are wire spring like affairs. They could be the lead variety also. Either way they are of interest to collectors, I buy such items if they are available for $3-4 for a single. $10 for a double or $15 for the triple like yours. They are relatively new and somewhat plentiful but make good outdoor displays. The insulators, HEMINGRAY - 42s, even the very beautiful HEMINGRAY BLUE color, are very, very common, made by the millions, thus worth only a buck or two unless they have "Dragon" type "Tooth / Drip Points" where they would command $20 or so if about perfect.

I say: Put them up somewhere, enjoy, buy more insulators and become a dual category collector, like me and lots of others.

BillinMo

Reaction score
That's a neat find. Any sort of markings on it?

I'm not an expert on mounting brackets, but this one looks just like those on the houses in the neighborhood I grew up in, holding the electrical service drop. Most of the houses date from the 1915-1920 period so I guess that would be the age of the bracket.

I only know of a couple people interested in collecting brackets, so there isn't much demand. I don't think this one is particularly rare. Still, though, I think most insulator people would be willing to pay five, maybe ten bucks to get one of these to hang on the wall for a display.

Trailrunner1974

Reaction score
Thanks for the replays! I thought it was a neat piece Im a collector so I plan to keep the mount to use.Your right botlguy they are spring threads. The 42's are in perfect shape so ill resale them to cover the cost of what I paid for it. Speaking of Dragon teeth 42's. I picked one up a couple weeks ago with some pretty long fangs! Another neat thing about it is its not embossed with Hemingray - 42. one side has the made in the USA but other side is blank. Ever seen one like that? I'll start a new post with a picture of it. chime in and tell me what you think.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey