Insulators in use on the island of Aruba

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jc_john1

Reaction score
While down in Aruba, I took a look at the current wires strung along the highway and found that they use a traditional style ceramic insulator as well as a more modern version. I wish I could have gotten a hold of a couple from the power company for identification purposes. I'm sure that there are some bouncing around the collecting market somewhere as unidentified insulators.

Attachments

• 20221023_Insulator 1.jpg
    20221023_Insulator 1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20221023_Insulator 2.jpg
    20221023_Insulator 2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 81

BillinMo

Reaction score
Cool. The ones on the left with the black crowns (for those unfamiliar, it's a coating to prevent the power lines from causing radio static) look like typical American production. The plain white ones on the right... hard to say, but they're similar to some German ones I've owned.

jc_john1

Reaction score
Cool. The ones on the left with the black crowns (for those unfamiliar, it's a coating to prevent the power lines from causing radio static) look like typical American production. The plain white ones on the right... hard to say, but they're similar to some German ones I've owned.
Thanks for the info. I was unaware of the radio static issue. I knew they coated them but assumed it was for other reasons.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis