Internet Problem

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Gang...

I've just set up a new computer and am having problems accessing secured sites on the internet...

I'm using AOL, even tho I prefer Juno... With AOL, I can at least access most web pages... Using Juno, I ALWAYS get the error message "This page cannot be displayed"...

This problem, as you can imagine, is putting a crimp in my bottle auctioning on Ebay... If I win a bottle, I can't even contact the seller 'cause I can't access My Ebay or sign in... And, I can't sell on ebay right now...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ron

sheila

Reaction score
It's been ages since I used AOL but have you tried dialing in on AOL but using a different browser than theirs? If you don't have another browser installed you could download one through aol. Just a thought, could easily be wrong! [:D]

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks, Sheila...

I tried downloading Mozilla but I couldn't open any pages with it... And when I use my preferred internet access (Juno), I manage to get on-line, but I can't access ANY pages with that either...

Again, thanks for the suggestion...

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
I finally figured out it was my Norton/Symantic Firewall... If I turn it off, I can connect... Now I have to figure out how to configure it so I can keep it on and still access web pages!!??

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

thturk

Reaction score
It might not be Norton. Look at the top of this page click on "Tools". Click on Privacy and set the slide bar to medium. That might help.

Trish

bearswede

Reaction score
I've tried that, Trish... Didn't work...

The only thing that lets me in is if I turn off the firewall...

Thanks,

Ron

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I also have Norton anti-virus. Is it possible your parental control is turned on? I had the same problem and I turned that off and I was able to access websites. And NO! it's not what you're thinkin.... I wasn't looking at "dirty websites." The parental control must really be sensitive though.

bearswede

Reaction score
I'll look again, Bryan... But I thought I had that turned off... Something sure is sensitive in my security set-up...

Thanks for your input...

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229