Need some advice about a Slumlord (landlord) problem

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Definitely know your rights. From a son of a man who owned 2 sets of 4 plexes for more than 10 years ( so I know this kind of thing from the landlords side), you definitely have more laws protecting you than he does. Franky, he sounds like a prick that really doesn't know rental laws at all (or hopes that his tennents don't). Fix the problem by fixing him. If you start any processes against him, withhold rent and try and have a backup place to move to. Regardless of what he is slapped with, you just don't want to live under his thumb as he will always hold it against you... and you don't need to live like that. But if he ever comes in the house with no warning, he is no longer the landlord, but an intruder and should be dealt with as such.

Wangan

Reaction score
You got that right Steve.

EFC56DA73929440B95A64ECB450177B5.jpg

Attachments

• EFC56DA73929440B95A64ECB450177B5.jpg
    EFC56DA73929440B95A64ECB450177B5.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 79

woodswalker

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice everyone!! Yesterday I was out walking my dogs and my landlord walked out of the woods carrying a gun!!! Talk about scaring the crap out of me!! I have contacted the local code enforcement officer and have a meeting set up with him and hopefully things will be better....now the thing about him being in my house with out my knowledge lead my attention to the fact that someone has now stolen my laptop....and of all days on my birthday....5 years of my life (pictures) are now gone....
I am calling the police here shortly to file a report as soon as I get the serial number.....

Thank you all for the advice
Amanda

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Sounds like a totally CRAPPY place to live, Amanda.. just get out of there!!

woodswalker

Reaction score
I called the code enforcement officer...he said he will take care of the landlord :) and hopefully my furnace will be fixed soon!! As for the laptop It can be replaced and luckily I have a lot of my pictures on my computer here at work....and my parents have all the pictures from my sisters wedding....as long as I get some of my precious memories back I can be happy with that....and I think maybe once the landlord see's that I don't mess around and I'm not just some dumb girl I might get a little more respect....or maybe he'll fix it and hate me but still take my money at the first of every month....either way as long as I have a roof over my head I'm happy and I'm trying to look past the darkness that fell upon me this week and think that there is a whole new year ahead of me...hopefully filled with happiness....and I think I may have forgot to tell everyone that I am soon to be a auntie...my older sister is due to have a baby girl April 4th!! So I just look past all this bad and think of the good to come and the blessing of a new life and my parents first lil grand baby.....
I'm a glass half full girl most the time...I might get pushed down but no matter what I'll fight my way back up and keep on smiling :)

(just pray my landlord doesn't hate me for calling the township code enforcement officer on him...the guy has over 30 houses and trailers he rents and i could possibly get him in serious trouble....then I would probably feel bad. Well for a minute or 2 anyway!!)

Wangan

Reaction score
Im sure you keep your place locked when you are not home,so if it wasnt broken into,I wonder who else would have a key?[8|] I hope things work out for the best.You are commendable for keeping your chin up through all this.I would give a rats a$$ what he thought.Charlie is right,you need to get out of there.Take care and good luck. -Tim

P.S. Theres an old trick of wetting a single hair and placing it across a door.It will stay put until someone opens the door.They will never notice it and you will know if someone has entered if it has fallen.[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1