Intriguing Ceramic Pot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Geolog_Digger

Reaction score
I found this pot in an old dump.
intriguing ceramic pot
I wonder what it was for, its origin and its age.
Thank you

20200412_222117.jpg

yacorie

Reaction score
Just a guess. If it’s not from the US I’d say a ginger jar.

if it is from the US I’d say a table decanter. Do you have any other info on it or an age of other stuff found with it?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Interesting find! I definitely think it's a western design, not a Chinese one. I'm wondering if maybe it was for some sort of toiletry, I could see that sitting on someone's bathroom cabinet.

Are you digging these days? I'm in Montreal as well, haven't done any digging in ages but I did notice last fall that there was excavation going on at that dump down by the Victoria Bridge, probably lots to find down there if the construction crews are co-operative.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It is not the shape of a typical ginger jar, but I'm not familiar with the style. It's just so narrow and deep.

Geolog_Digger

Reaction score
Interesting find! I definitely think it's a western design, not a Chinese one. I'm wondering if maybe it was for some sort of toiletry, I could see that sitting on someone's bathroom cabinet.

Are you digging these days? I'm in Montreal as well, haven't done any digging in ages but I did notice last fall that there was excavation going on at that dump down by the Victoria Bridge, probably lots to find down there if the construction crews are co-operative.

It is rather the big shovel that digs :) . No, i am not digging this days because there is no work.
My findings are in the construction sites where I have been working for more than 20 years. I think that the work near the Victoria Bridge is for the electric train, the REM. We didn't get this contract.

P.s. I am showing some of my discoveries, because now i have a bunch of time to watch what i have inside my closet.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ah okay, yeah I imagine you must find a lot of stuff that way! Can only imagine how much is buried around Montreal.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583