Is a bottle a COMMON if...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
used all of the above,ebay if I really want it,flea markets,yard sales get some decent finds, antique stores the ones they have bottles are well researched and overpriced..craigslist can be a little risky heard of fake ads(not for bottles) where they meet people with cash on hand and rip them off sure they are few and far between but never go alone.....
I still like digging and finding myself...yes acls are tough to dig in great condition but have found some in amazing condition for being underground for 60 plus years

splante

Reaction score
here are 3 for example the spur was dug from a swampy area by another digger the brownie club and yoo hoo by me and are near mint, found another brownie club 3 feet away and it was junk

C954D29583D245CB90568A12F4529783.jpg

Attachments

• C954D29583D245CB90568A12F4529783.jpg
    C954D29583D245CB90568A12F4529783.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 69

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
don't know how you came up with this. where im from lots of bottles in antique stores. just because there isn't too many in your location doesn't hold true for other locations. also i have some real nice acl bottles that were found by diggers.

How did I come up w/ that...........experience, from years of looking.

So you're going to tell us you have NEVER bought a bottle off of eBay? Even w/ all those antique store teeming w/ bottles, I guess there would be no need?

I guess that 'Tahquamenon' bottle was just a fluke?

And like TD says, painted bottles do not hold up well in Southern soil.

Plus the fact I'm not from where you are.........thank God for that.

You see, down here we know proper grammar and punctuation.

Now would you be so kind as to show us some of these "....real nice acl bottles that were found by diggers."

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D] Every acl that I have ever dug was in pretty crappy condition wise as far as the label went, not even worth displaying, and that was the few that the paint didnt fall off of when exposed to the air after being buried for however long[8D]

vintage57

Reaction score
Thank you so very much for all the answers. I really value the opinions posted. DUHmb ole me never thought about location! You see, my little town never had their own ACL bottled soda. By that I mean its own brand. I have Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, B1 and some embossed ones. Maybe if I travel I should stop in bigger towns to see if they had their own bottlers?
I live in Perryville, MO an hour south of St. Louis. I sometimes travel to area flea markets and thru southern Ill to Paducah, KY to visit. The closest I got to an independent brand is MILDES from Jackson, MO. They became a Coca-Cola bottler. A larger town, Cape Girardeau, did not have an ACL brand that I am aware of.

flasherr

Reaction score
Ky should have lots of bottles i have a friend ther i have bought thousands of sodas from over years. He is the one that used to clean out factories he is getting older and market not good as used to be but he still keeps me in mind when he comes across good deals. i just bought a couple cases last month from him. he also supplies me in labels and vintage paper when he comes across it. i used to trade bottle caps with a guy in paduca. so i know u are in a good area. if you get a chance to go out on the 127 sale that is in august also known as 500 mile garage sale i used to load up on bottles to bring back to Texas. So just start looking and you will find them.

bottlingco

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! 99.9% of us are here to share, help, and chat about bottles. I have had a passion for bottles since I first received a spanking for carting in some bottles I had dug up or found. They were filled with dirt and I got caught trying to wash them in the kitchen sink. You'd have to know my mom, but some 40 years later, she still wouldn't go for it if someone were to try it.
Anyway, I wanted to give you a couple of local bottles to look for: Taylor Maid from the Cape Girardeau 7up bottling co. (has a picture of a girl) and Sexauer's from St. Genevieve (has a picture of a mill scene). These are both ACL bottles. The first one is readily available from this town, with a much harder version from Blytheville, AR. The second one is much more difficult to find. Good luck in collecting. Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions, or share if you find treasures! ~bottlingco
ORIGINAL: vintage57

Thank you so very much for all the answers. I really value the opinions posted. DUHmb ole me never thought about location! You see, my little town never had their own ACL bottled soda. By that I mean its own brand. I have Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, B1 and some embossed ones. Maybe if I travel I should stop in bigger towns to see if they had their own bottlers?
I live in Perryville, MO an hour south of St. Louis. I sometimes travel to area flea markets and thru southern Ill to Paducah, KY to visit. The closest I got to an independent brand is MILDES from Jackson, MO. They became a Coca-Cola bottler. A larger town, Cape Girardeau, did not have an ACL brand that I am aware of.

ratbastard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

don't know how you came up with this. where im from lots of bottles in antique stores. just because there isn't too many in your location doesn't hold true for other locations. also i have some real nice acl bottles that were found by diggers.

How did I come up w/ that...........experience, from years of looking.

So you're going to tell us you have NEVER bought a bottle off of eBay? Even w/ all those antique store teeming w/ bottles, I guess there would be no need?

I guess that 'Tahquamenon' bottle was just a fluke?

And like TD says, painted bottles do not hold up well in Southern soil.

Plus the fact I'm not from where you are.........thank God for that.

You see, down here we know proper grammar and punctuation.

Now would you be so kind as to show us some of these "....real nice acl bottles that were found by diggers."

i never said i didn't buy bottles on ebay. you better thank god you're not from my area if you were you would be dealt with in a proper manner. i will post some of my dug acl bottles just for your enjoyment.

ratbastard

Reaction score
just for osiaboyce here's three dug acl bottles. i think they are real nice but im sure osiaboyce will find something wrong with them

C2777B2103354F00A4FE1BDF7CDC1254.jpg

Attachments

• C2777B2103354F00A4FE1BDF7CDC1254.jpg
    C2777B2103354F00A4FE1BDF7CDC1254.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 68

flasherr

Reaction score
Hey vintage go to my post there are several bottles there that still have price tags on them. Shows you can still buy good bottles cheap if you are patient.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-520832/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#521269

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem