Is doing things for recreation a sin?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oklabottles

Reaction score
Well first off I am a christian man and I hope everybody on this site believes in the lord Jesus Christ and if you don't he loves you anyway and I hope you one day find him. But I was just thinking is it a sin to do things for fun such as bottle hunting, playing sports, watching Tv, even spendindg time on the internet as I'm doing now, and ect. Because it takes away from time you could have spent worship God, talking to God, and spreading his word. Because these things are all pleasures of the world they may not seem sinful but what if they are..I don't know I was just wondering about that and wondering if anybody knew for sure and what all yall folks think.

diggincajun

Reaction score
Hello there, Well let me first say I've never heard anywhere in the Bible or even in Church about thou shall not did bottle or have fun. come on give me a break here. what is there to feel guilty about, having fun and doing things you have a passion for is a gift from God. Don't take yourself so serious and enjoy life, just play it properly and with dignity.
Kim James
diggincajun

capsoda

Reaction score
Depends on what you call fun. If your fun is shootin starving folks like tin cans in a third world country, then it is a sin. Diggin bottles is great fun and you can invite family and friends. It is proper.[:)]

Besides, you were born of this world to live in this world. No one including the All Mighty expects you to spend all your time doing his works until you end up in a tower with a high powered rifle and because there are times when it is inappropate. Ask your girl or wife if you get my drift.

He knows where there is a killer bottle just waitin for you so you can find it and he can have a big laugh at your reaction when you do. He is you friend not your slave master.[;)]

Of course it is a sin the way some of our members find all those killer bottles instead of me.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

I_dig_bottles

Reaction score
Hello, Wow. I am new here and do not wish to ruffle any feathers if you will. I am NOT a religious person; I am also not anti religious! I honestly can not believe that this is the place to even talk about it. This is about (in my opinion) a place to talk about bottles, glass, digging and finding and just enjoying yourself and talking with others about your passions of the previous! Please Please do not make this forum a forum for politics or religion. I would respectfully ask that if people want to talk about the religious implications that the administrator makes a separate section for that. I understand your right to ask your question and hope that you understand my feelings for this response! Thanks Darryl

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I don't think that this is going to become "God talk" due to the asking of one question. I am not a christian either, but I don't see a huge problem with asking a question.

As for fun being a sin. I don't think that God intended for us to live this life without actually being able to actually live. If so then what point is there to existance at all.

If bottle collecting is wrong, I don't want to be right.[:D]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oklabottles

Well first off I am a christian man and I hope everybody on this site believes in the lord Jesus Christ and if you don't he loves you anyway and I hope you one day find him. But I was just thinking is it a sin to do things for fun such as bottle hunting, playing sports, watching Tv, even spendindg time on the internet as I'm doing now, and ect. Because it takes away from time you could have spent worship God, talking to God, and spreading his word. Because these things are all pleasures of the world they may not seem sinful but what if they are..I don't know I was just wondering about that and wondering if anybody knew for sure and what all yall folks think.

I'm afraid in your case digging bottles is probably a sin. Repent now...and send me all your bottles[:D][:D][:D]

bigghouse

Reaction score
i'm catholic,
but put it this way, how is it a sin cleaning up the earth???

anna

Oklabottles

Reaction score
Well thanks guys for the response after what yall said I'm sure that having fun is not a sin and Gunther even if it was a sin I do not believe my bottles would be going anywhere, LOL.

treasurekidd

Reaction score
As for fun being a sin. I don't think that God intended for us to live this life without actually being able to actually live. If so then what point is there to existance at all.

I fully agree. That is why the Good Lord gave us His greatest gift: Freewill.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson