Is It Worth Tumbling

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Semar

Reaction score
Pontiled Cathedral Pepper.
Can it be saved by tumbling?

Attachments

• DSCF0622.jpg
    DSCF0622.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0623.jpg
    DSCF0623.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 107

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't believe tumbling will help increase its value. It appears to have a lot of wear and tear other than just being etched. Still a good-looking bottle in my thoughts.

Semar

Reaction score
I kinda figured, thanks. :)
How about this Liquid Bread bottle?
I'm thinking this is a lost cause also.
The green blob top looks promising though.

Attachments

• DSCF0625.jpg
    DSCF0625.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 81

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've tumbled alot worse rougher bottles then those. I think they will look better tumbled but if really rough don't expect them to come out mint brand new looking. Just my opinion, others may vary. Leon.

nhpharm

Reaction score
If you are sending it off to be tumbled, then the peppersauce and the liquid bread are probably not worth tumbling. If you are tumbling them yourself, perhaps it might be worthwhile. The liquid bread bottles are pretty common and I struggle to get more than about $40 for them in any condition. The peppersauce is nice but they are tough to tumble unless you are real good at it.

Semar

Reaction score
I would certainly have to send stuff I want tumbled to someone who does this rather than buy a rig. At the age of 77 it just doesn't make sense. Any idea on the costs of having a blob top with light sickness tumbled and who does this here?
Thanks very much for your feedback. :)
A private message if asking about commerce is not allowed in Forum.

Last edited:

Ronjcoke

Reaction score
I charge $15.00 per bottle to tumble. I have been tumbling bottles for over 10 years. I seldom have any problems but I have a policy of no responsibility for broken bottles. Some bottles have unseen stress cracks and especially in thinner glass bottles don't survive the tumbling. (This very seldom happens but is always a possibility) I live in Franklin, Tennessee. 37064
Ronnie Jackson

Semar

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, I'll send you a message when I find more of the collection I've got squirreled away somewhere here. :)
My only worry is that when we had one of those clean up businesses clear out the cellar; you got to watch them like a hawk. They might have been misappropriated during the process....

Ronjcoke

Reaction score
Thanks.....just let me know if I can help. I suggest you only send a few bottles so you can see if you are pleased with the results.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen