Is this a antique Coke Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VintageDesign

Reaction score
Hii I have been diving for years in the Puget Sound, near Seattle for years and amast a lot of old bottles. I find a lot of Coke bottles, But have never found anything like this one before. It has a applied lip with a lot of bubbles and a coke pop opener type top. I am sure it's very common soda bottle. What do you think?

George

Xv64984.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64984.jpg
    Xv64984.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 84

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] Brian, I agree with you that its a soda bottle. It has characteristics of the Hamilton patent bottle, but it's adapted to stand freely, and is a crown seal. I have seen a few similar ones over here, they are fairly easy to get.[:)]

VintageDesign

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It could have come from another country other then the US. I have seen alot of old sodas but never one like this. Brian, I have did some diving around Gig Harbor and even dove the old Narrows Bridge and few times.
I Found this bottle last year
" S Hyde WINES & LIQUORS 115 JAMES ST. SEATTLE, WASH."
The address is where the old Seattle hotel was. It was built after the Great Seattle fire of 1889. If this bottle predates the fire, it 's very rare, because net much has survided from this area. before the fire.

Ca81784.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81784.jpg
    Ca81784.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 68

VintageDesign

Reaction score
Thank for the info Brian. When I took the bottle down to the antique mall on the corner of 1st and James in Pioneer Square, show it to owner. He thought It was where the location of the Seattle hotel use to be. They might have readdress the street. Hay I still think it's a nice bottle with a little history.

Thanks again

George

VintageDesign

Reaction score
No I have never sold a bottle. I have almost 200 bottle that I collected over the years, mostly found when scuba diving. Some I have gave away and others I store in the basement. I just got more interested in them and other old stuff that I have. That's what happens when you retire and have more time on your hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26