Is this a reproduction?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ombudsman

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pt-GIX-11-SCROLL-Flask-Blue-Aqua-Mint-Crude-Pontil_W0QQitemZ250606528342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a59502756

Or not?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
maybe he happened to get under a cloud on that one and tried to lighten it up? Dont know.
His other photos looks pretty correct.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Not implying any monkey business but the flask looks "blue" on my screen and it is described as aqua in the text.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
ya, looks a little weird on mine too. Like when I hit the enhance button on my photo software for a dark photo. Without it setting next to something like a coke bottle its always hard to judge color absolutely. I have bought items from the seller and they were always perfect.

botlguy

Reaction score
Looks good to me except it might not be as blue as the pictures indicate. E-mail bottleski, George Waddy, and ask him about it. He is 100% dependable. I have bought a number of good bottles from him for 20 years. You can not go wrong buying from him.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Agreed, George is a great guy. Again, not implying any wrongdoing, simply stating that from the text the bottle is not "blue" as it appears on this screen.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello ombudsman and all you guys. I just went to your reference to this eBay sale of a Scroll Flask. I checked it out and found it to be for sale by bottleski. I have been a long time friend and customer of this mans bottles. I certainly couldn't think he would be selling a repro. He is a real great guy and gets some very exceptional bottles to sell. I keep him on my eBay Sellers List all the time.
RED Matthews

ombudsman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

is there something there that would make you think that?

I have no basis in experience to judge one way or another. I don't remember ever seeing a bottle like that in person in my life. Most of my bottle collecting has been here in northern Oklahoma - settled in 1893. The texture and/or color looked a little funny to me compared to other pictures I've seen of similar bottles. The starting price was so low, I wondered. Of course there is a reserve (not met at the time I viewed it) and a number of days left.

I meant no offense to the seller or anyone else. I am just uneducated on the older bottles. I couldn't afford to bid on it (even where it stood when I saw it) right now, but I can dream. Sorry if I stepped on toes.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin