IS THIS NOT A FAKE LABEL???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bamascavenger

Reaction score

T D

Reaction score
Every bone in my body screams this ain't real...but I'm no good on labels. Somebody with mo know than me answer this one

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I can see no way how that is the original label. There's a scratch that runs into the label, but there's not even the slightest bit of wear on the label itself. The seller also seems to be pushing the fact a bit hard too. He clearly says the label is real, but not original to that particular bottle. Reapplied for sure, but possibly a reapplied real label. Just my guess.

T D

Reaction score
I saw the scratch too, thought it may have been on the back side, and I agree morbious, I doubt it has been on that bottle for 80+...

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I wanted to say something about all the wear and tear on the bottle and a pristine label.. but I thought MAYBE the label was factory applied to a re-re-re-used bottle.. still it's kinda fishy!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Also the cap is not original.. I'm pretty sure it was put on with a hand-held capper.

capsoda

Reaction score
The guy is telling the truth....sort of. That is a real original 1913-1917 lable on a real bottle BUT I really doubt the label been on that bottle since then. Those are one of the two most common of the diamond labels and they book for 75 bucks apiece but can be purchased off ebay for usually less than 15 bucks. They look good on the SS Coke Bottles. I framed mine so they wouldn't get damaged.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229