It works for me !!! cleaning bottles !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi there TD, Yes I do sometimes put a drop or two in a bottle after cleaning to polish it up with a dry chamois till the bottle is dry inside with no oily residue what so ever. I do not sell my bottles and am not trying to hide anything. You don't have to use the tire shine if you choose not too!! The cleaning method is what removes the staining. I have bought bottles people have sprayed varnish in to make them look better, I was able to remove it and let the bottles shine better with a simple cleaning. The Jersey Creme bottle in the pic. had no tire shine put in it, I worked for about an hour or so to get it to look like it does now. Some bottles with severe staining I have used a drop or two in. But I assure you that the bottle is dry inside. Thanks, Kevin...

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi TD again, If you look at post # 46 you will see that this is an experimental process that I am working on. "Epackage" has done nothing but try to help me help others. If you don't want to try this method that is your choice, but as I said the cleaning process is what works and I am not trying to push this on anybody!!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
All of these "new cleaning" methods end in a battle. It doesn't matter if they work or not. I have a unreal spectacular bottle cleaning method,but I am not telling anyone I don't t need the stress[;)]

T D

Reaction score
Hey Velvet, not trying to dog your method, I think you do have some good methods there. The Tire Wet comment was in reference to multiple past posts on baby oil, vegetable oil, W D 40, spray silicone, polyurethane, or what ever else that is used to give a bottle that extra umphf. If you start a thread on a cleaning method that is fine. But adding some "slick" to a bottle is not cleaning it. At the end of the day, if you wash it off, the problem is still there. I guess that this whole thing boils down to what "clean" really is.

Now hear this- and this is what is most important- Clean bottles to whatever extent you like. Put whatever you want on the bottles to make them display the way YOU like them.

beendiggin

Reaction score
As far as a simple cleaning method goes, I have to say I like it and I'm going to give it a shot. I dig a lot of sick bottles and I don't want to spend money tumbling every sick bottle I like. I haven't tried any other home style methods yet other than shaking some bb s around in comet and water, so this should be interesting. I'll post some pics when I get something cleaned up.

I have also found that expressing your intentions online can be quite tricky sometimes. Don't take it too personally if the words you type or read don't translate exactly right-it seems to happen with some regularity. Nice job navigating the sometimes turbid waters of this forum especially on your maiden voyage.

Thanks for the suggestion on how to clean with relative ease.

splante

Reaction score
just wondering if you had any trial and error damage to any bottles?

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I will say I have to agree with Rick about all the stress that is involved in trying to help people clean there bottles more economically and at their own convenience. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not sorry for posting the method I use to clean "MY" bottles, I hope this may encourage others to experiment with the basic method I posted. I am using a less expensive brand of rubbing compound in my bottles. I believe that if you invest in a professional compound and a polishing compound after the cleaning method the results will be very close to tumbling a bottle. I am going to invest in some "3M'' products for my next bottle, not to say I am dissatisfied with my current results but always room for improvement and reducing the time spent cleaning bottles. I cleaned a large 28 oz bottle tonight with severe staining and added one forth cup of play sand to my compound with better results in less cleaning time. NO TIRE WET ADDED !!! bottle looks great !!! That's why I sayI am going to buy some 3M products for my next bottle. To answer your question SPLANTE, no, I have not damaged any bottles so far!!! I will recommend experimenting on a less expensive bottle first to see the results. I will update when I try the ''3M'' products on my next bottle. Thanks and any questions please feel free to contact me. Kevin....

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Kevin, you are AOK in my book, good luck with the 3M products and keep us posted..!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie