It works for me !!! cleaning bottles !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hey Chuck, Thanks a lot, I am trying to heal my wounds from getting beat up in here !!! I have been trying not to worry about negative comments. You and Jim have been a great help to me and I have had several other members in here give positive comments and are willing to try my method of cleaning. Thanks to all in advance for trying it and I hope you will experiment and let everyone know your results. Good Luck !!!! Kevin......

zecritr

Reaction score
thanks for the ideas K.
gives me ideas also for a engraver for the smaller bottles :)

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's all cool, Kevin, don't waste any emotional energy on this place..! Some members are courteous and some are blunt, some are antagonistic and some are needy, some don't like this others don't like that, they're all trying to be helpful in their own way except for one or two trouble makers.. but at the end of the day, life goes on somehow.. [;)]

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Thanks "Zecritr" I hope this works as well for the people who try this as it has for me. Please try it on an old bottle and post the results. All I will get is satisfaction of offering this method to you. You should get the satisfaction of a very nice clean bottle to show off in your collection. Kepp me posted if you try this. Thanks. Kevin....

T D

Reaction score
I think a lot of this is directed toward me. Velvet, check your inbox

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi TD,, My biggest concern is that "EPACKAGE" has helped me and I don't want anyone in here giving him any crap for him helping me!! Friends mean more to me than cleaning bottles !!!!!

epackage

Reaction score
Don't worry about people giving me crap, I do it to them all the time..lol[;)]

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi Jim, I do worry about my friends catching crap over things that involve me. It seems people are letting up on me a little now. I sent you a pic. of a bottle I cleaned today with bad staining, I added a little play sand to my normal mix to see if my compound was not aggressive enough. It seemed to have better results. You can post if you want to, no tire wet in this bottle. Thanks a lot. Kevin....

epackage

Reaction score
No worries Kev, I'm the biggest PITA on the forum in many peoples eyes so it's all good, trust me. Here is the bottle that was done with a 1/4 cup of play sand and NO Tire Wet. I imagine some of the cutting and polishing oxides used by the tumbler folks would do the same type of thing but at a much greater cost....

49EA93A53EB942FE8C368E1A6794F06C.jpg

Attachments

• 49EA93A53EB942FE8C368E1A6794F06C.jpg
    49EA93A53EB942FE8C368E1A6794F06C.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 88

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Thanks again "E" I want people to know the tire wet is not what makes my bottles look good !!!! I can't to try the 3M product on my next bottle, I believe i'm headed in the right direction here. Kevin....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin