Its time to give it away and help the kiddies out.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
RE: The Kids won 2nd place with their outhouse project

Hey Rick,

Great job of mentoring the girls & fostering the best attributes of the digging world. Well done, sir.

When it comes time to do the story, you've already got great cover art.

This image belongs on a refrigerator magnet, or as the masthead for your column at Glass Digging Quarterly. [8D]

1CDEB495BEBD49E19F83B2DE9F0299E5.jpg

ktbi

Reaction score

Good Job Rick! Could not think of a better ambassador....Ron

zecritr

Reaction score

Great Job,hope you have a great dig :)

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: zecritr

Great Job,hope you have a great dig :)

Thanks I hope it turns out good for the kids sake. I have been digging nothing but common stuff lately,but to those kids common stuff is like a rare puce eagle [:D]

F4E33ED0B1E840E687432D22C5E55A94.jpg

Attachments

• F4E33ED0B1E840E687432D22C5E55A94.jpg
    F4E33ED0B1E840E687432D22C5E55A94.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 83

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Not A Turning Point in History??? The kids didn't do so well at the States--read on

Holly & Summer the kids who did their school history project on “The history of the toilet†didn’t fair so good in the state competition. As you recall (if you read the thread) they built a mock 7 foot tall outhouse and did a lot of research on the history of the outhouse to the modern day hopper. They lugged their outhouse all the way to Harrisburg and did their best.
The states competition theme was “A turning point in history†To make a long story short. The Judges told the kids that they did not think that the use of the outhouse in the 19th century that lead up to the invention of the modern toilet was a turning point in history! Are they freaking for real? From craping in a hand dug hole to one flush and away it goes? And then we have the bidet [:D] I think I am going to write to one of the judges and say “Not a turning point in history huh†would you volunteer to crap in a chamber pot for one year? You will rethink your statement when the year is up.
The kids were bummed to say the least, but they are already thinking about next year’s competition.

Here is what they (Holly &summer) said about the judge’s decision. I think the judges were sticks in the mud, and very picky it seems. “Our judges were women and found it distasteful and not funny†Sticks in the mud like I said. The kids were 14 come on give um a brake.

Holly
Thank you!!! For getting our story in the bottle magazine I’ll give some copies to summer when we get them.
As for history day it was Yesterday and was pretty disappointing. Unfortunately, our judges were not very intrigued by the topic and did not understand our humor. They said that our project did not relate to this year’s theme (Turning Points in History) which summer and I couldn’t understand because the invention of the modern toilet was obviously a major turning point, if not the most important. They also said that it was historically inaccurate because we placed the chamber pot inside our project and it wasn’t used outside, so we explained to them that it was however dumped into the outhouse, and that we had to place it inside the outhouse due to the width restrictions. We were hoping for male judges (like we had last time) because they seem to understand the humor more than women, but both of our judges were women and found it distasteful and not funny. So it was rather disappointing, but overall a good experience so hopefully we will get to national level next year with a new project. Next years theme is Rights and Responsibilities in History, we start the whole process over again in two months (any cool ideas?). Thanks for asking about it. Oh, and I forget if I answered all your questions or not about my grandparents’ privy, so if I didn’t just e-mail them over and I’ll answer them.
Holly

All was not lost though. John Pastor of AB&GC Magazine asked me to see if the kids wanted to write a story on their project. They agreed. their story will be in the June issue. They are happy.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
RE: Not A Turning Point in History??? The kids didn't do so well at the States--read on

..women... [:mad:]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
RE: Not A Turning Point in History??? The kids didn't do so well at the States--read on

Actually.... maybe women don't use toilets.. all my life I never saw a woman on a toilet..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

I know that don't fart. Well they say---[8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score

That's a fact! And I only ever met one woman who burped.. but boy could she beer belch with the boys..!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.