Its time to give it away and help the kiddies out.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
RE: Not A Turning Point in History??? The kids didn't do so well at the States--read on

Not a turning point? Goodness gracious... Not only the convenience but the sanitation and disease prevention. They need new judges.

zecritr

Reaction score
RE: Not A Turning Point in History??? The kids didn't do so well at the States--read on

obvioudly need judges who know what history is :)

beendiggin

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

would you volunteer to crap in a chamber pot for one year?

Something tells me they would NOT. LMAO

T D

Reaction score

Wow, what idiots...hate to call women idiots, but when the shoe fits... (the judges that is)

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: bostaurus

Not a turning point? Goodness gracious... Not only the convenience but the sanitation and disease prevention. They need new judges.

I think we should all write to those bum judges and tell them the facts! I know I am going to. Just think if the flusher was never invented,the population would be mighty low at this point in time [;)] yellow fever run amuck

I am going to put together a nice piece about the Sanitation of the 19th century and send it to the person or persons in charge of the competition. I think if it is sent straight to the judges,it may end up in the dead letter box. After all they are the almighty judges and know all about "everything".Not just because they are women [:D]

Psrumors

Reaction score

I guess it would be wrong to send the judges a chamber pot with a prize inside....

cobaltbot

Reaction score

If it was not a turning point in history I would think they would not mind at all going back to the old ways...

bostaurus

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: T D

Wow, what idiots...hate to call women idiots, but when the shoe fits... (the judges that is)
Stupidity has no gender bias.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Psrumors

I guess it would be wrong to send the judges a chamber pot with a prize inside....

LOL no that would be fitting! [:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Ok here is what Holly's mother wrote to the teachers. Its great! [:D]

We were a bit disappointed with the outcome as well, but Holly and Summer took it very well and really had the best time doing research and meeting a lot of neat new people, including you! It just goes to show that research and history go far beyond the classroom and this project took them to new “places†including the competition! Holly’s goal is to make it to the National level of competition before she graduates, so that means she has 4 more tries! Here are the comments Kevin and I shared with the girls teachers:

*the score sheet from regional reflected all superiors-the score sheet from states reflected a few “needs improvement†(rules do not change so the outcome from one level to the next reflects judges subjective opinion)

*when the girls had their interview the judges were obviously not familiar with their project, had not read the process paper, did not review the bibliography (one comment was not enough sources-or something to that effect)

**judges did not realize there was a video to view (girls showed them where it was but the power was unplugged and unable to turn it on to show it!?!?)

**judges did not even attempt to push the sound buttons (last competition the judges realized this was a creative way to avoid the word count!), when the girls showed them how a sound button worked, one judge started talking and didn’t even listen to it....(a bit rude)

**one judge commented on the fact that a chamber pot would not be found in an outhouse (girls explained that they knew this and it was carried out to dump in an outhouse

**one judge asked what the bottles were for (girls explained that they go with the findings of one of their interviews that the judges didn’t see)

*The winner in their category (group jr exhibit) had only one name associated with the project? Not sure how that qualified as a group?

Wondering how much time the judges actually get to look at and “understand†each exhibit? It appeared as if the judges only looked at the exhibit once it was time to meet the creators during the interview. All that time and effort into a bibliography, a process paper, and carefully chosen 500 words on a project and it appeared as if that was not even recognized, studied, or connected. The judges at state level were not on the same “page†as the judges on the regional level who gave credit for “thinking outside the boxâ€.

An improvement: Judges receive the process papers (April 12th when other ppwrk is due) early and then “meet the projects†and interview the students at the competition.

So.....that is how we felt about it. Judges were a little bit mediocre and their interview was the second last for the day so we’re sure they have just about had their fill of âœhistory†for the day!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.