james ready beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

daddy66

Reaction score
Hi everyboy. I am new here and don't know if I am putting this in the right place, feel free to tell me otherwise.
I have been collecting bottles for quite a few years and recently found what seem to be very old, James Readys beer bottles. I have two,I think they are called blob tops, does anyone know anything about them?
I am in eastern canada near the original home of the brewery, so I know a bit of the story. I will have to learn how to post a picture I suppose, just wondering if anyone has any of these.
Thanks for your time, I will get some pics and try to put them up.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Chris,

Welcome aboard, and please do put up some photos when you can.

IMG_2572_edited%20READY%20BRWG%20(Small).jpg

"READY'S BREWERIES--LIMITED--BREWERS--ST. JOHN N.B.

Aqua, 1/2 pint, ABM" From.

"As the family grew and changed, so did their participation in the brewing industry. At the end of the Great War, Susannah’s son George W.C. moved to Saint John, New Brunswick with his son George B., a major in the Artillery for Canada. The Simeon Jones Brewery, a local company, was up for sale at this time, and using government compensation money from the Halifax Explosion, father and son purchased the brewery. Then, in 1928 George B. acquired and gained control of the James Ready Brewery in West Saint John. This larger brewery would eventually become Moosehead Breweries Limited. The strength and determination of the Oland family was tested many times as they faced fires, family loss, prohibition, the Depression, the Halifax Explosion and two World Wars. The Oland family has remained ingrained in the Canadian brewing industry for nearly 140 years." From.

"Moosehead Brewery - Now Canada's oldest independent brewery, this international corporation was originally founded as Ready's Brewery by James Ready, whose parents came from Ireland. The brewery is now operated by the Oland family." From.

They're brewing James Ready 5.5 today.

Reddy.gif

daddy66

Reaction score
This is another bottle I found. It doesn't say anything on it, but it is very crudely made, as you can see it doesn't sit flat and the neck is misshapen. It has a very high ''bump'' ,(i don't know the right term )inside the bottom. Can anybody tell me anything about these, age value etc.
I work for a construction company and so most of my bottles were dug up on a building site somewhere. This is a very interesting hobby and I love this forum.

9EC71330C3EF4DF788205309B91DDE00.jpg

Attachments

• 9EC71330C3EF4DF788205309B91DDE00.jpg
    9EC71330C3EF4DF788205309B91DDE00.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 90

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau