keep-alive post

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

batfish

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

This is, more than anything, a ‘keep-alive’ message; I haven’t been out to the dump very often in the past few weeks and haven’t found anything interesting to share. I don’t want to lose my account due to inactivity, so here’s about the best thing I could come up with!

Good news: I’ve been finding older bottles. Bad news: They’re mostly like this [:(]. No embossing on this bottle, other than ‘D 508’ on the bottom. It’s about six inches tall. The mold seam stops about an inch below the lip. Lopsided. Real bubbly, thick glass.

So, what sort of bottle is this? What sort of thing would it have contained? How old (my guess: 1880’s). I actually kind of like this homely vessel… go figure.

Om33565.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
You only lose your membership account if you haven't logged in for 12 months, so as long as you log in when you look at the forum you will be alright [;)] .

batfish

Reaction score
ohhh... my bad, then! I thought I read that you hadn't post within 30 days, your account would be removed. Not sure where I got that from!

Anyway, the bottle. I thought milk bottle, too. It has the shape, but it's a pint in size, at the most. I guess it doesn't matter, it's a pretty boring piece... Hopefully, I'll scrape up something better next time I'm out - hopefully, by the end of the week.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28