Keep it on or take it off?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woody

Reaction score
I've never really seen that having a bottle wrapped in wicker has increased the value of a bottle.

If it is a common bottle, then it is a common bottle.

KentOhio

Reaction score
I'd definitely leave it alone. That kind of bottle is never found with wicker, and as it is it's like a piece of art. Someone spent a lot of time weaving that and it's in great shape for being 100 years old.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'd rip that right off without hesitation. It's not particularly nice wickerwork. If you regret doing that, I can bring it with me to Romania (or any bottle) and have it wickered REAL nice and very cheaply!

tigue710

Reaction score
It would if it was a recycle bottle... You could sell that for 10 bucks where as if it is just a plain un embossed squat yo might as well toss it...

To me at least it would be worth more like that then a plain unembossed one. I have a box of those! I rather like it, and would keep it myself. It would look nice with the Demijohn display...

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The wicker on that one is actually in better condition than many of the ones I have found. I have probably taken the wicker off at least 50 bottles so far. I only ever buy them anymore if they are an odd color or really super crude. There are people who collect them with the wicker on and the smaller ones are a bit harder to find. I have sold a couple of the smaller wickered one and never had trouble getting rid of them.

Stardust

Reaction score
I'm a ripper....
feels good and it's always a surprise as to what's underneath.
I remember a long time ago reading somewhere that there are hidden treasures in wicker.. I now look for them and rip away.... [;)]
star

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I've got some plain aqua and amber demis laying around gathering dust if anyone wants to stop by and haul them away.[:D]

Stardust

Reaction score
hey wilkie,
that "see snake" is a riot....
reminds me of modern day medical equipment....
bet that cost a pretty penny....
thank for the info..
every day here i learn something new.
thanks everyone,
star

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2