Killer pedal butter churn

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
A customer has offered to sell this to me. It is in working condition, has hand painted flowers, marked daisy with two other mfg. names as well. Has anyone seen one like it? Any idea of rarity? The price she gave me is more than fair in my mind, and I want to learn a bit more before I purchase it. The only thing it is missing are a couple pins that were lost in one of it's moves. The churn looks to be about seven gallons to me.

2289C31D73A84D4FAB47B4CFD6BC50AC.jpg

Attachments

• 2289C31D73A84D4FAB47B4CFD6BC50AC.jpg
    2289C31D73A84D4FAB47B4CFD6BC50AC.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 92

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Nice, the barrel looks good and tight considering the Texas heat. I bet you could still use it with a little reconditioning.
I'd want to know a bit more too. Who are the makers for one? I'd guess in the 1920-30 range but maybe into the 40's or slightly later for an area without electricity.

toddrandolph

Reaction score
I see a lot of these, I have had several over the years, and they seem to go in the $50-150 range in Ohio, probably more in Texas. They are not by any means rare and are one of the more common churn types. This is a nice one in good shape and has the original base, so many seem to have a rebulit and obviously not original base.

texasdigger

Reaction score
Not arguing your point at all you seem to know them a lot better than I do, but 50 to 100 seems very low for something so nice. I could see it with a repop base, but in great condition it surprises me. Again not trying to ruffle feathers it just surprises me.

Surf I was in a hurry to make my next appt., but I am going to buy the churn tomorrow. I will be paying a bit more than the price above for it, but I think it is worth it. When I get my hands on it I will take quality pics of all the stenciling on the churn.

Thanks for your help guys!!

Brad

Bixel

Reaction score
I have seen this particular churn before, and most antique dealers ask way more than they are worth. In my opinion, here in Canada they are worth about $200-$225, maybe more if you had one that was immaculate with a great, bold stencil that someone could put right in their home with no work on it.

botlguy

Reaction score
I have seen these in antique stores with prices from $250 to $500. If I had seen one just a couple of years ago for $200 I would have bought it. I believe $200 is a very fair value.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin