Label dilemma ???????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Hi all, yep it's me again Captain Questions... I have these 2 local crowns from Sprattler & Mennel in Paterson, they are basically the same except for the size of the embossing and the bases are marked 11 and C-11. I have the oppurtunity to get a label for one of them and I wanted to see what you all thought. Since I never plan to resell or scam anyone, not my nature, I want to buy the label and apply it to one of the 2 bottles because I think it would really be nice to display it that way, I figure if the label is period correct and the bottle would have had it anyway, and I'm not doing it to trick anyone is this cool in the bottle community...As always all input is welcome and taken into consideration....Thanx as Always and here are the bots and the label.... Jim

sm2.jpg
[/IMG]

Bc8IOfwWkKGrHqMH-C0Equyk1qOWBK2Q8vb.jpg
[/IMG]

poisons4me

Reaction score
Your bottles, if you do ever get rid of it tell them "i applied a period label for looks" i think in that context its harmless.

epackage

Reaction score
That's what I think too Rick, I want to see what you and others think.
Thanx,
Jim

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I don't see the harm as long as you disclose if you sell.. otherwise it truly is your bottle.. I would stick it on in a heartbeat.. not like it's a thousand dollar bottle ya know!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I totally agree Jim.I remember asking a similar question and getting a few negative responses.Even though you have the best intentions, the bottle could still find it`s way into the general public and thats bad for the hobby.The bottle is yours, but your just a caretaker. You`ll be gone in 50 years, but the bottle will still be here.It seems like your trying to fool someone, not a good idea.Those were a couple of responses I got.If it makes you happy, put a label on.Just make sure you have the label removal stipulation in your will.[;)]

KentOhio

Reaction score
You could write something on the back of the label in pencil before you stick it on. That way, if someone wants to really examine the bottle someday, they can read what you wrote through the back side.

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx BH & Kent, Kent that is a great idea since I plan on keeping the bottle.....Thanx...Jim

capsoda

Reaction score
Write your name or the date or both on the back in one corner in pencil so it doesn't bleed through and use 3M spray on headliner glue. It won't stain the label or bleed through.

It is up to each bottle nut to police his/her own actions and if they are caught doing dirty it will get around sooner or later.

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, Warren...

You still have that Old Dr. Warren's Quaker Bitters with the faux label...?

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960