Langenbach

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cattaurus

Reaction score
I have a great bottle that says Langenbach Worms on the front. It is dark green and has a handle. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!
Cat

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
cattaurusI have a great bottle that says Langenbach Worms on the front. It is dark green and has a handle. Does anyone know anything about this?Thanks!Cat
Hiya Cat, I am new here too! Welcome to the Forum! Could you post a picture or a little more information on it's age? I'm going to take a stab at this, but, from doing Google search on Langenbach Worms, I'd say possibly a wine from Deutschland. In that case the 'W' in worms is given a 'V' pronounciation = 'Verms' I was stationed very close to Worms, Germany, just South of Frankfurt. Great wines along the Rhine and antique shops in the area!
best,
s.c.

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Cat,
Your bottle sounds interesting.I don't know anything definate about it but as you mentioned it has a handle I'm guessing this is a jug?If so,it very likely held vermifuge.(De-worming medicine)At this point I'm speculating. A picture would help judge it's age and hopefully some other members might recognise it and be able tell you exactly what you have.

Welcome to the forum!

The Other KAT![:D]

bigkitty53

Reaction score
True S.C.!12 seconds[:D]
Now that I've read your post I think you may be right about a wine.Definately want to see a picture now!l.o.l.

KAT

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
bigkitty53
True S.C.!12 seconds[:D]
Now that I've read your post I think you may be right about a wine.Definately want to see a picture now!l.o.l.
KAT

Hey, that's close on both our posts! Anyway I'm sure it's a jug of somekind! I may have killed a 'few' of them when I was over there. As I remember a lot of the large jugs also had the basket weave covering, a lot like the Sangria. Not anything to write home about to Mom, but Germany had a lot to offer in the wine & beer bottles. (etc) I'm pretty sure they had Flippe type bottles first. I was looking for pictures of some of the handled wines I had, but could only find this picture of me in U.S. service (1970) Germany with a couple vintage Kesselring Pilsner's (think the wine jug with handle was off to the left)
Best to you KAT, Cat and All,
S.C.

Pm34674.jpg

Attachments

• Pm34674.jpg
    Pm34674.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 136

cattaurus

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the front.........will post 2 others

Cat

Vt56959.jpg

cattaurus

Reaction score
oops, last one was bottom!!! Here is the front.

Vt57124.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57124.jpg
    Vt57124.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 92

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
Hi Cat! Yes I would say a real nice wine jug! Not to sure about age though, it's certainly very beautiful. It appears from photo's (thanks) to be machine made? From doing further web searches Langenbach is in business to this day producing a variety of fine wines. Including liebfraumilch (which means 'Milk of our Lady') a very popular sweetened Rhenish wine named after the Monastery in Worms, Germany where the monks developed it. Kind of curious name, but your pictures help very much. You are right about it being a great bottle, hope this info helped. [:)]

s.c.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey