Large Crystal found in dump.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

harryr1961

Reaction score
The other items are from 1850-1900. I figure someone brought it here, since I couldn't find any proof that such crystals are found here. It is also a port town, so it could have arrived on a ship from pretty much anywhere. The other items in the dump are a mixture of everyday stuff and higher end pieces (art glass, art pottery, fine china) so they had money to buy pretty things such as novelties.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I found a bunch in caves up in the White Mountains in NH but it was a National Forrest so I respected the no take policy.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Eric, if you're ever in Montana there's a national park open to digging if you can believe that! Here's the link.

http://www.gorp.com/parks-guide/travel-ta-beaverhead-deerlodge-national-forest-montana-sidwcmdev_066349.html

ironmountain

Reaction score
i'd definitely hit you up in SF. After I visit Larry Ferlinghetti at City Lights. (bit of a Ginsberg...and friends scholar freak.)

Is the pottery and such take-homeable (some e.e. cummings licensing there)? would be interesting to create a collection of history.

that would be a nice surprise to find a cave system. Let alone artifacts.

Outside of all of private land I have to hunt north in Houghton (pie shape 1mile west of the farm to lake superior 1mile north of the farm to a rise above lake superior), I want to hunt Beaver Island/Fox Islands just west of the Mackinac Bridge.
After Joseph Smith founded the LDS (Latter Day Saints) and passed away, Brigham Young and James Strang. He founded the Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints-Strangite. He declared he was the king of his branch and the people on the island who weren't his followers were sometimes "physically" coerced to join.

the USS Michigan pulled into the area and he was invited to board the ship. As he was walking toward it he was shot and killed and the ship left.
People from Mackinac city and the surrounding areas raided them killed some and forced the rest off of the island...

has to be some goodness there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_Island_%28Lake_Michigan%29

VTdigger

Reaction score
I just found a crystal in an 1890's early 1900's dump today I remembered hearing others digging them on here. There's no way this crystal is natural did they believe them to possess some medical value back in the 1890's early 1900's?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: VTdigger

I just found a crystal in an 1890's early 1900's dump today I remembered hearing others digging them on here. There's no way this crystal is natural did they believe them to possess some medical value back in the 1890's early 1900's?

I found a large crystal in a dump.
I don't think people thought anything special about them. Like us someone just thought it looked cool and brought it home.
Then eventually someone else who didn't appreciate it chucked it out. YOu find all sorts of weird items like that in dumps... arrow heads, foreign coins, etc etc. Just the junk people accumulated.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Great - now I'm hungry for pasties!

Love the crystal... and, of course it has magical powers! CraZy are the people that don't think so. Unfortunately, I don't know how to harness it's powers... but I'm sure it's so!

Eric - I spend a lot of summers up in Dolly Copp Campground... do you know it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229