Larger version?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historyhunter

Reaction score
Found these two in same area. Is this just a larger version of the one next to it? It seems to have the same embossing...well whats left of it. Any info is appreciated?

08CD467591764BE5A7D510B6650243BD.jpg

Attachments

• 08CD467591764BE5A7D510B6650243BD.jpg
    08CD467591764BE5A7D510B6650243BD.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 100

botlguy

Reaction score
Not the same thing at all. The mess on the left is what is left of a CD 196 One Piece Transposition insulator, the one on the right is a CD 106 Pony style insulator. Two different animals altogether. The Patent date is HEMINGRAY's patent for Drip Points, those things on the bottom of the skirt.

Both are pretty common, the CD 106 worth typically $.25 or so, the CD 196 worth $10.00 in near mint condition. Value is dependant on seveal different features. Some of these can bring serious $$$$$$.

historyhunter

Reaction score
Thanks alot bottlguy! I am clueless on insulators. Very good to know on the skirt embossings. Just curious as to what it was.

Brains

Reaction score
i believe book on a 196 is 50-75 and up or something.... maybe more for near mint ones as you'll never find a near mint one. That style was prong (i said prong.....pffffffff~ i meant, "prone") to skirt damage. I have a pretty nice one with a couple chips and a few descent bruises that i paid $38 for years ago- that was a good deal- mines a less attractive dark aqua with the (somewhat newer, but not as new as the Hemingray-51 embosing) stamp styled embossing. I think the ice aqua ones with the older script embossing are a bit more interesting.... especially if you find a purple swirled one... but that's just me. Maybe i'd pay more for an ice aqua one.... or a green one.... or one with just a "B" embossed on it.... or an OVGCo.

Now the 106 looks like it has some amber in it- i'd say the amber bumps it up from $0.00 to $0.25 maybe, and if it's in mint condition.

the may 2nd 1893 date is the drip point patent date- it shows up on most insulators hemingray made with drip points. Sometimes you find a smooth based insulator with the drip point patent, those are pretty tough to find though.

maybe the cd-125 is the bigg-uh-size of the cd-106..... but one can only speculate eh?

botlguy

Reaction score
Correction to my initial post. That crashed CD 196 looks Ice Green to me and I meant to say $100 in near mint condition rather than $10. The crasher is, at BEST, a speciman and worth nothing really. The one I sent the picture of is Near Mint but Ice Aqua so worth about $75. Regardless of the value they are not all that difficult to acquire in aqua but as Brains said they are almost always damaged. Ones with any purple or amethyst are worth in the thousands.

historyhunter

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS ALOT. The color differences are nice to know. Well hopefully there is another Ice Green one unmolested.

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide