Last Thing I Expected

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
last one..

Fd90614.jpg

Attachments

• Fd90614.jpg
    Fd90614.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 90

whiskeyman

Reaction score
any input is appreciated...[:)]

This next object was found by me on a jobsite in Elizabethton TN....I showed it to the Super and he told me to keep my mouth shut or else they would shut down the site...even though the dirt it was found in was being brought in from elsewhere in dump trucks....never did learn where that was.

Mk26430.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26430.jpg
    Mk26430.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 82

whiskeyman

Reaction score
another pic of what I was told is a portion of a fossilized snail...

Nl29193.jpg

Attachments

• Nl29193.jpg
    Nl29193.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 84

whiskeyman

Reaction score
see the segments?

Xv64927.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64927.jpg
    Xv64927.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 83

whiskeyman

Reaction score
ohhh....I never did find any bottles at Stoney Point....did learn there was a huge sinkhole up a nearby hollow that trash was dumped in by the Lady's Father...but now it's under a small man-made lake...[:(]

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Charlie ... I'd say the pestle was probably picked up with the rest of the rocks out of the farmers field . Look around in the pile and you may find the mortar to go with it. I have found many mortars in and around bluffs here , and hardly never find the pestles.
I had permission to look in some valley fields here near a large creek every year when they plowed in the Spring. The fields were several 100 acres and you could roam around in them all day without covering them completely . I usually went with 3 other people ... me myself I found over 700 perfect arrowheads and a large ice chest full of broken points ...from Spears to birds. And also several broken fluted points , which are really early....I think at least 10,000 years if I remember correctly. It took me about 3 years to accumulate the 700 points . The field owner said that people used to come and camp at Her fields and spend their vacation looking the fields over for arrowheads. The Indians must have spent many a moon in this area. Because you can still find arrowheads to this day in the fields after a Spring plow! Makes me wonder with all I found in 3 years how many points were in this field.....unbelievable to say the least !!!!
I'd like to see your Pistol in person........did you find it in the rock pile also ?
Brian

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Hey tha pistol is a neat find, I agree on the fossil being a sort of snail or something from the water. Even her in Iowa we find sharks teeth in creeks, I know it sounds crazy but it is true. You never know what you will find being out searching for bottles/rocks/fossils/marbles/and other great treasures, it is always cool when you find that certain something that has been buried in the earth for ages.

Some axe heads/celts. Lotsa miles!

Ge94200.jpg

Attachments

• Ge94200.jpg
    Ge94200.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 79

whiskeyman

Reaction score
BRIAN..I too used to walk freshly plowed fields looking for arrowheads/points..I have less than a 100 though.
Bottle diggin' was more rewarding, in many ways...

If I was going to Knoxville, I'd bring the pistol for you to take a gander at...
I could mail it to you...??

It did come from the same rockpile as the pestle and petrified wood....didn't find a mortar...[:mad:]

PETTY..nice collection of artifacts...thanks for sharin'...[:D]

bottlejunkie

Reaction score
Brian S.

I would like to see your arrowheads sometime. either by posting them or e-mailing pic's, especially your broken fluted points. I really enjoy hunting, and studying Indian relics. happy hunting!

C.KYbottlejunkie

bottlejunkie

Reaction score
Also, "Pettydigger" those are some awesome finds!!! thanks for sharing and would be interested in seeing any more Indian relic's that you have found. happy hunting!

C.KYbottlejunkie

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter